Leicester College is one of the largest in the UK with more than 26,000 learners studying with us on a wide range of courses, from many different backgrounds and with different ambitions and aspirations.
We are committed to enriching the lives and creating new opportunities for all members of the community. This is reflected in our mission statement: “To deliver a wide range of high quality learning experiences to support the diverse communities we serve and the personal, social and economic development of individuals and enterprises.”
Key facts and figures
* More than 26,000 learners study with us.
* We offer hundreds of courses from entry level to university level.
* We provide training for thousands of local and national companies.
* The College has three state-of-the-art city centre campuses and runs courses in more than 200 community venues.
* In 2011, Ofsted found that the College is outstanding at meeting the needs of learners, employers and the wider community.
* 700 learners are studying university-level courses.
* We have 700 Apprentices and Advanced Apprentices.
* We employ 1,600 people.
* The annual budget is £54 million.
* We are members of the National Skills Academy network in the areas of Food and Drink Manufacturing, Retail and Materials Production and Supply.
* We enjoy Founder College status of the National Skills Academy for Creative and Cultural Skills.
We have achieved certification in the Training Quality Standard and hold the Charter Mark award for customer excellence. The College also holds the Matrix quality standard for information, advice and guidance services for Employer Engagement, the Investors in People award and the Learning and Skills Improvement Service (LSIS) Leading the Learner Voice Award for Community and Social Cohesion.
Our efforts to encourage social integration, plus our embedding of Functional Skills of English, maths and ICT in all areas of the curriculum, saw Leicester College win two Association of Colleges Beacon Awards.
We’ve also won the Churches’ Award for Sustainable College Partnerships that Recognise Diversity and Develop People and Communities for its community cohesion action plan