Reports to: LMP Action Director or Head of Programmes
Based at: Office based with flexible working available (must be commutable to Hammersmith)
Salary: £30,000- £35,000 per annum (depending on experience)
This role will sit in LMP Action, our Community Interest Company. We are looking for someone to manage our Transition Camp Programme for the organisation. The role will support the LMP Action Director and wider LMP Action team through the development and delivery of several Summer transition camps across the UK.
LMP Action’s Transition Camp Programme is a Summer School initiative to provide children and young people with the extra support they need to have a smooth transition from Primary to Secondary School. The Programme offers creatively devised sessions that are fun and engaging over the course of one week. The Programme is delivered by qualified teachers and LMP Action offer a holistic approach, measuring self-esteem whilst underpinning numeracy and literacy principles.
An ideal candidate will be creative in thinking up holiday activity ideas, have strong organisational skills and relevant experience in managing projects or programmes at scale. The Programme Manager (Transition Camps) will support and ensure the practical activities are delivered during the Summer and help to monitor the evaluation and reporting process to the schools we work with. You will manage the project coordination, operations and delivery of the Programme and work with seasonal, delivery staff (often qualified teachers). You will work in partnership with primary and secondary schools.
The ideal candidate will be a pro-active team member who generates a positive environment and lives our values to inspire ambition and widen horizons for children and young people.
Responsibilities (non exhaustive)
- The successful applicant will manage the planning, execution and mobilisation of the Transition Camp programme. This includes developing a bank of Summer delivery staff, coordinating a 5 week programme that includes multiple schools across the UK, logistical planning and programme operations.
- Work closely with seasonal, delivery staff and qualified teachers to ensure successful delivery of our programmes for children and young people during the Summer holidays.
- Focus on Programme development post Summer delivery and produce a growth strategy for future years.
- Devise a timetable of activities and ensure this meet the needs of the young people we engage.
- Ensure that the appropriate, processes, documentation are in place to drive a process of continuous quality improvement.
- Have confidence to decide which activities to do and when to do them.
- Be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of all children on camp.
- Maintain high standards of quality and compliance and complete all contractual paperwork and documentation as
- Ensuring the department are fully prepared for audit
- Where business needs change, to undertake other responsibilities which are of a commensurate level outside the terms of this role profile.
- To instill a culture of safeguarding best practice to ensure the safety, protection and wellbeing for all participants, customers, clients, partners, volunteers and
- Responsible for carrying out delivery as and when required to ensure the contracts are
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Educated to degree level – ideally Social Sciences; Education/Teaching or related
- Strong organisation skills.
- Project management experience.
- Experience of delivering large youth focused projects.
- Possess excellent communication skills, and be confident interacting with anyone, no matter their background or level of influence.
- Can demonstrate a passion for working with children and young people.
- Have initiative and ability to work independently.
- High level of safeguarding awareness.
- Highly motivated, challenging situations with tenacity and
- Strong problem solving and ability to work under own
- Be willing to work flexibly with some evening and weekend work.
Closing Date: 31/10/22
Interviews to take place week commencing 7/11/22
Safeguarding, Prevent & Equal Opportunities
The LMP Group are committed to anti-discrimination and equal opportunities for all. We are equally committed to Safer Recruitment Policies, Safeguarding, the Prevent Duty and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and adults. To achieve our commitment, we will ensure continuous development and improvement of robust safeguarding processes and procedures that promote a culture of safeguarding amongst our staff and volunteers.
Please be aware that upon a successful offer of employment the company completes digitalized right-to-work checks and DBS applications via an external provider - Vetting.Com
The company also completes an internal online social media search, in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance.
Let Me Play Limited is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.