Job Title: Early Years Educator (EYE) Apprenticeship Tutor
Reports to: Head of Department
Location: Remote - home-based
Salary: Up to £32,000 per annum
Type: Full Time, Monday - Friday
The apprenticeship tutor will run and deliver Early Years apprenticeship programme; the role will require the successful candidate to have a good understanding of the delivery of Apprenticeship standards in Early Years Education, both level 3 and level 5.
This tutor will inspire and ensure that every person that goes through either an apprenticeship or a Level 3/5 programme with us will have an opportunity to thrive and succeed. They will also be responsible for mentoring the apprentices during their work placements and ensuring they are in a safe environment where they can progress and learn.
- To deliver the Level 3/ Level 5 Early Years Educator apprenticeship.
- To undertake appropriate initial assessment of learners to ascertain their starting point on the course.
- To prepare and produce schemas of work.
- To assess learner’s performance in the workplace.
- To work with employers in order maintain own caseload of learners.
- To maintain up-to-date and accurate records (e-portfolio and paper based) for each individual learner according to internal procedures.
- To carry out regular progress reviews with learners to track progress towards timely completions.
- To provide on-going information, advice, and guidance with learners for them to reach their aspirations.
- To deliver training on 1:1 or group basis – face to face or online
- To comply with the internal quality assurance strategy to ensure that assessments are delivered to a high standard.
- To provide progression, retention and achievement information for the course being taught.
- To contribute to the self-assessment process which informs continuous improvement.
- To undertake appropriate training as identified through the classroom observation and line management process.
- Have experience of working within the childcare / early years sector (Essential)
- Minimum of two years nursery management experience (Essential)
- Have experience in delivering full apprenticeship standards in childcare (Essential)
- Ideally degree educated
- Teaching Qualification at Level 3/5 or similar and Qualified Teacher Status.
- Hold a TAQA Assessors qualification or equivalent i.e. A1/D32/D33 (Desirable).
- Hold a TAQA IQA qualification or equivalent (Desirable).
- A strong understanding of functional skills, specifically reformed English, and Maths (Essential).
- Experience of working with young people aged 16 plus.
- At least five years’ experience of working in an education, as a tutor, training, and development environment with a demonstrable track record of successful outcomes.
- Proven experience of successfully managing the full learner journey; initial assessment, IAG, diagnostic, teaching-learning-assessment, including classroom and 1:1 delivery.
- Experience of using e-portfolio systems e.g. SMART Assessor.
Benefits @ LMP
- Annual leave entitlement 25 days, with 3 days ‘free’ days given back during December
- Additional 1-day annual leave for every year of service with LMP
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Training Academies
- Paid Volunteering Day
- Access to HSF Perkbox
- Enrolled onto our HSF Scheme and Pension Scheme
- £150 referral scheme
About LMP Group
LMP Group focuses on education, training, and social impact; working together to bring about positive, sustainable change. The various divisions of LMP service; schools, businesses and individuals across the UK through, Alternative Education, Residential Camps and Apprenticeships. LMP Education, is a division of LMP Group and provides apprenticeship training.
Together, we are a team of industry leaders who know the power of encouragement and positive influence and advocate for education opportunities and healthy lifestyles for the people we work with. Our ever-ambitious team has driven the expansion of our programmes.Confidentiality
The post holder must maintain the confidentiality of information about clients, staff and other LMP stakeholders. Some work is of a confidential nature and information gained must not be communicated to other persons except in the recognised course of duty. The post holder must always meet the requirements of the General Data Regulation Act.
Safeguarding, Prevent & Equal Opportunities
LMP Group are committed to anti-discrimination and equal opportunities for all. We are equally committed to Safer Recruitment Policies, Safeguarding, the Prevent Duty and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. To achieve our commitment, we will ensure continuous development and improvement of robust safeguarding processes and procedures that promote a culture of safeguarding amongst our staff and volunteers.
Let Me Play Limited is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.