Reports to: Alternative Education Manager
Location: North Acton, London
Pay: £20 - £23.75 per hour
Hours: 20 hours per week, 5 days - Monday - Friday 10:15 - 14:15
TERM TIME ONLY
The Alternative Education Tutor is passionate about young people and will use this in post to increase participation and engagement among young people with certain subject areas. The primary aim of this post is to deliver support, mentoring and coaching sessions to registered students who are part of our Alternative Education Courses. The Alternative Education Tutor will require; planning and delivery of a NCFE and BTEC qualification Level 1/2 and playing a pivotal role in mentoring, supporting the learners needs and aiding retention of learners on the course.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Ensure that all lessons are planned and delivered to a high standard.
- To assist where necessary support those who need extra help by offering 1-to-1 guidance.
- To support the participation, retention and progression of learners in their lessons.
- Liaise with other staff members effectively.
- To attend and engage in all relevant staff meetings, and maintain effective communication with staff, learners and other relevant organisations.
- To undertake training and CPD as necessary and relevant to the post.
- To be familiar with the LMP Code of Conduct and all operational, Health & Safety, Child Protection and Data Protection policies.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The Alternative Education Tutor must have a passion for working with young people from different educational backgrounds, and be committed to raising standards, be reliable, enthusiastic and motivated. They must possess excellent communication, teamwork, leadership, ICT and management skills and be able to build and sustain effective working relationships with staff.
Education and Experience
- Degree or qualifications in the delivery subject. (preferred)
- DBS (essential)
- 3 or more years of working with a variety of age groups.
- Experience in delivering training and working in diverse community settings.
- Experience working with young people who are hard to engage with.
LMP Group Company Profile
The LMP Group is made up of 3 separate companies but with a collective mission to inspire ambition. LMP provides opportunities and supports social change across the UK. The focus is on education and social impact; working together to bring about positive and sustainable development.
The post holder must maintain the confidentiality of information about clients, staff and other LMP stakeholders. Some work is confidential, and information gained must not be communicated to other persons except in the recognised course of duty. The post holder must always meet the requirements of the General Data Regulation Act.
Safeguarding, Prevent & Equal Opportunities
The LMP Group are committed to anti-discrimination and equal opportunities for all. We are equally committed to Safer Recruitment Policies, Safeguarding, the Prevent Duty and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. To achieve our commitment, we will ensure continuous development and improvement of robust safeguarding processes and procedures that promote a culture of safeguarding amongst our staff and volunteers.
Please be aware that upon a successful offer of employment the company completes digitalized right-to-work checks and DBS applications via an external provider - Vetting.Com
The company also completes an internal online social media search, in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance.
Let Me Play Limited is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.