Reports to: Programme Manager (Transition Camps)
Based at: Various locations across the UK including but not limited to London, Surrey, Liverpool, Walsall
Hours: 8am – 4pm
Dates: Monday 25th July – Friday 26th August 2022
Interviews: 30th May 2022/ 1st June 2022
About LMP Group
LMP Group focuses on education, training, and social impact; working together to bring about positive, sustainable change. LMP Group is made up of 3 companies; LMP Education, as a training provider, services; schools, businesses, and individuals across the UK through Employability & Apprenticeships programmes. LMP Action facilitates training, education, and sporting activities through; Alternative Education, Enrichment programmes and Holiday Camps and finally Inspire ATA recruit, employ and arrange apprenticeship training.
Together, we are a team of industry leaders who know the power of encouragement and positive influence and advocate for education opportunities and healthy lifestyles for the people we work with. Our ever-ambitious team has driven the expansion of our programmes. If you have a positive, can-do attitude and are passionate about making a difference, we want to hear from you.
This role will sit within our Community Interest Company, LMP Action; over the last 11 years, we have supported schools and students with their Summer School programmes.
We are currently recruiting for NQTs and/or Qualified Teachers to help us with this inspiring programme. The role is to support young people transitioning from Primary to Secondary School on our Summer Camp programmes
Each programme is one-week long, taking place in the summer holidays at chosen Secondary Schools. The programme aims to ease students into Secondary School life, so that young people feel comfortable and have a smooth transition into their new school. We do this by delivering a fun, educational and active programme to increase self-esteem and confidence and decrease anxiety about starting “big school”. The programme includes literacy and numeracy to help support summer learning.
- Delivery of an engaging and meaningful Summer School programme.
- Teaching and facilitating activities. You will be provided with a detailed curriculum plan so you will need to deliver a range of workshops to Year 6 pupils – these will include creative learning activities, numeracy and literacy sessions.
- Confident planning interactive and engaging lessons
- Delivery of team-building games, fun activities and arts and crafts.
- Delivery of sports and outdoor games should your skills set allow.
- Monitoring and reporting on individual progress/needs.
- Maintaining a great atmosphere, working well with others and ensure effective safeguarding of young people.
- Attending a mandatory training session ahead of camp delivery. Whilst on camp, attending daily pre-camp and post-camp briefings.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree with QTS or a Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT)
- Enhanced DBS Certificate
- Effectively differentiate schemes of work, so all pupils reach their full potential
- Relevant experience at delivery of facilitating activities and/or workshops
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiastic, reliable, and motivated
- A passion for teaching and developing young people
- Good ICT skills
The post holder must maintain the confidentiality of information about clients, staff and other LMP stakeholders. Some work is of a confidential nature and information gained must not be communicated to other persons except in the recognised course of duty. The post holder must always meet the requirements of the General Data Regulation Act.
Your work environment for the nature of this role is based at various schools. We offer work based on a manageable commute to each location.
Safeguarding, Prevent & Equal Opportunities
The LMP Group are committed to anti-discrimination and equal opportunities for all. We are equally committed to Safer Recruitment Policies, Safeguarding, the Prevent Duty and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and adults. To achieve our commitment, we will ensure continuous development and improvement of robust safeguarding processes and procedures that promote a culture of safeguarding amongst our staff and volunteers.
Let Me Play Limited is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.