Lecturer in Construction Crafts
Full-time 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Up to £37,312 per annum
£5K Golden Hello**
** Conditions apply
Do you enjoy motivating young people? We are seeking a construction lecturer to join our expanding Construction team.
You will need to be a highly motivated team player and have the skills, drive and enthusiasm to deliver and maintain the highest standards on the courses. As construction lecturer you will primarily teach on Level 2 Multi-skills qualifications for full-time students and apprentices studying; Carpentry, Painting and Decorating, Brickwork, Plumbing and Tiling. We currently have expertise within all these areas in the team, so resources are in place and advice is always on hand.
• High level of knowledge and experience in a variety of construction crafts
• Hold a teaching qualification and a minimum of 2 years’ teaching experience (ideally)
• Hold a Level 2 qualification in a vocational, construction area (minimum)
• Committed to developing learners’ skills and technical understanding
You may be required to be a tutor for a designated group of learners which will involve guiding them through their individual learning journey towards their expected goals. Assessment, action planning and contributing to course development are all aspects of this role.
If you are interested please apply without delay; we will be interviewing upon receipt of appropriate applications.
At BCoT we are Building Careers of Tomorrow. Our six transformational objectives are:
• Digital skills embedded at the heart of our courses
• Personal and Professional Development: character, emotional intelligence, resilience and employability skills
• Putting employers and business in the driving seat to set the skills agenda
• Delivery of high quality T levels with outstanding business engagement and inspirational teaching
• A significant expansion of higher level of provision in Basingstoke
• Leading a low carbon future with the development of the Future Skills Centre and Electrical Vehicle provision
Pension scheme: Teachers’ pension scheme (TPS)
DBS check is payable by candidate
Benefits include: 35 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays and Christmas closure, retail benefits scheme, free onsite parking, use of onsite gym, access to the refectory/onsite Starbucks and staff wellbeing day.
At BCoT we have been accredited as a Google for Education Reference College for our use of Google tools in and outside of the classroom. Our dedicated BCoT Digital Team are committed to providing support for staff to help utilise tools such as Google Classroom and integrate their digitals skills into lessons and promoting their expert knowledge.
Basingstoke College of Technology, located in North Hampshire, is a leading and well respected further education provider. The college prides itself on its excellent links with business and the success of its learners in securing positive destinations.
Basingstoke is an expanding town with a thriving economy and excellent transport links. The college was rated ‘good with outstanding features’ in May 2016 by Ofsted and is committed to becoming an ‘outstanding’ provider. Our financial health has consistently been rated ‘outstanding’ over the last 10 years by the Skills Funding Agency.
BCoT is a significant provider of apprenticeships, the achievement rates of our apprentices are significantly above the sector average and we have set ambitious growth targets.
BCoT is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce.
BCoT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all its learners, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate checks, including an enhanced DBS disclosure (payable by the candidate) as well as providing proof of the right to work in the UK.