IT Support Department
Desktop Support Engineer
Full-time (37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year)
£20,826 to £22,670 per annum
This is an exciting role and opportunity to become part of our expanding IT Support Team in a fast-paced and diverse environment. As the Desktop Support Engineer you are able to provide outstanding support for learners and staff in terms of IT availability. You will ensure that equipment and software works correctly, deploy new and existing equipment and provide end user support to staff and student.
What will you be doing?
Carrying out a range of support functions but not limited to, supporting end users on Windows 10, Office 2016/2019 and Office 365.
Escalating tickets to 2nd or 3rd line team if appropriate.
Installing new hardware and software, working and creating Group Policies and working with the 3rd line engineer team on projects as required.
At BCoT we have over 1300 PCs and laptops, nearly 1000 Chromebooks and a networks and server infrastructure based on cutting edge HPE Aruba switches, WiFi and HPE synergy blade servers and Nimble SANs. As Desktop Support Engineer you will provide effective support for the listed.
As the successful candidate you will:
• Hold a GCSE ICT Grade C or above (or Grade 4+)
• Ideally have a minimum of one years’ experience in a similar role with good trouble shooting skills, technical knowledge and a service driven attitude
• Have strong knowledge with IT trouble shooting (hardware and software) and experience with Windows 10 and Office 2016 or above
• Have good communication skills, team player, the ability to work under pressure and have a friendly and positive approach to tasks and customers
We will start to review applications 7 days after the vacancy is advertised. Interviews will be arranged as and when after this date, so please do not delay in applying.
- Pension scheme: People’s Pension Scheme (PPS).
- DBS and update service payable by candidate.
- Benefits Annual leave entitlement + bank holidays and Christmas closure, retail benefits scheme, free onsite parking, onsite gym access, Refectory/coffee shop and staff wellbeing day.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the College is therefore permitted to ask job applicants to declare all convictions and cautions (including those which are "spent" unless they are "protected" under the DBS filtering rules) in order to assess their suitability to work with children.
Basingstoke College of Technology, located in North Hampshire, is a leading and well respected further education provider. The college prides itself on its excellent links with business and the success of its learners in securing positive destinations.
Basingstoke is an expanding town with a thriving economy and excellent transport links. The college was rated ‘good with outstanding features’ in May 2016 by Ofsted and is committed to becoming an ‘outstanding’ provider. Our financial health has consistently been rated ‘outstanding’ over the last 10 years by the Skills Funding Agency.
BCoT is a significant provider of apprenticeships, the achievement rates of our apprentices are significantly above the sector average and we have set ambitious growth targets up to 2020.
BCoT is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce.