Electrical Installation Lecturer/Assessor
1.0 FTE (37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year)
Up to £41,313 per annum + 5k Golden Hello **direct recruitment only**
We are looking for a self-motivated, organised individual with excellent communication skills to teach, to assess and to support the overall training on the Level 2 Technical Certificates and Level 3 Electrical Apprenticeships. The Electrical area is looking to restructure the current teaching and assessment strategy, making it more agile and reflective of the Standard model.
The successful candidate will ensure they deliver inclusive, responsive and innovative teaching and learning on fulltime and apprenticeship courses and ensure that all assessments and associated tracking and monitoring activities are undertaken and meet college and Awarding Body criteria.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of working within the industry
- Experience teaching, assessing and delivering NVQ and apprenticeship programmes (essential)
- An Assessor Award qualification (A1) or equivalent
- An Internal Verifier qualification (V1) or equivalent would be advantageous
- Relevant vocational qualifications to level 3 (please see attached Job Description and Person Spec)
- Teaching qualifications e.g. DTLLS, Cert Ed or equivalent
- GCSE grade A*-C in English and Math’s or equivalent
- Pension scheme: Teachers Pension.
- Generous annual leave entitlement, bank holidays (plus Christmas closure.) Retail Benefits scheme, free onsite parking, refectory/coffee shop, Gym and staff wellbeing day.
- DBS check is payable by candidate.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the College is therefore permitted to ask job applicants to declare all convictions and cautions (including those which are "spent" unless they are "protected" under the DBS filtering rules) in order to assess their suitability to work with children.
Basingstoke College of Technology, located in North Hampshire, is a leading and well-respected further education provider. The college prides itself on its excellent links with business and the success of its learners in securing positive destinations.
Basingstoke is an expanding town with a thriving economy and excellent transport links. The college was rated ‘good with outstanding features’ in May 2016 by Ofsted and is committed to becoming an ‘outstanding’ provider. Our financial health has consistently been rated ‘outstanding’ over the last 10 years by the Education and Skills Funding Agency.
BCoT is a significant provider of apprenticeships and we have set ambitious growth targets.
BCoT is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce.
BCoT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all its learners, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate checks, including an enhanced DBS disclosure (payable by the candidate) as well as providing proof of the right to work in the UK.