Public Services Department
Public Services Lecturer
1.0 FTE (37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year)
£30,276 - £35,767 per annum
We are looking to recruit a lecturer to join our Public Services department. Experience of working in public service role is essential, ideally with an armed forces background, although all previous related roles will be considered. The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate current and up-to-date industry knowledge. You will have excellent organisational and communication skills and a drive to deliver outstanding teaching, learning and assessment in the classroom.
You will have:
• A teaching qualification with a minimum of 2 years teaching up to Level 3, (consideration will be given for those without a teaching qualification but significant vocational experience and a willingness to train towards a teaching qualification)
• A relevant vocational qualification to Level 3 along with a minimum of three years relevant industry experience is essential
We are looking for staff with drive and a passion to succeed in a demanding but rewarding environment.
We will start to review applications 7 days after the vacancy is advertised. Interviews will be arranged as and when after this date, so please do not delay in applying.
- Pension scheme: Teachers Pension (TPS)
- Generous annual leave entitlement, bank holidays (plus Christmas closure.) Retail Benefits scheme, free onsite parking, refectory/coffee shop, Gym and staff wellbeing day.
- DBS check is payable by candidate.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the College is therefore permitted to ask job applicants to declare all convictions and cautions (including those which are "spent" unless they are "protected" under the DBS filtering rules) in order to assess their suitability to work with children.
Basingstoke College of Technology, located in North Hampshire, is a leading and well-respected further education provider. The college prides itself on its excellent links with business and the success of its learners in securing positive destinations.
Basingstoke is an expanding town with a thriving economy and excellent transport links. The college was rated ‘good with outstanding features’ in May 2016 by Ofsted and is committed to becoming an ‘outstanding’ provider. Our financial health has consistently been rated ‘outstanding’ over the last 10 years by the Education and Skills Funding Agency.
BCoT is a significant provider of apprenticeships and we have set ambitious growth targets.
BCoT is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce.