Part time Training Consultant
£15,206.69 To £16,508.97 per annum
(FTE £25,006.90 To £27,148.45 per annum)
(22.5 hours per week, 52 weeks per year FTE 0.6081)
• Do you have experience with young people and employers?
• Can you support young people to achieve an Apprenticeship?
• Can you help employers to identify the benefits of recruiting apprentices?
• Are you confident building close relationships with employers to identify and address their training and development needs?
As a training consultant you are confident you can excel in the above as well as undertake regular progress reviews with apprentices and employers in conjunction with college and programme targets. You will manage a caseload of apprentices and ensure you are compliant with the apprenticeship funding rules and are able to manage a variety of tasks whilst supporting apprentices to maintain attendance and complete their programme of learning.
We are looking for someone dynamic with excellent communication skills to join our team.
To be successful in this role
• You will have a working knowledge of apprenticeship standards
• Have a high degree of accuracy, attention to detail, planning and organising skills and have the ability to complete administrative tasks within the role
• You will ideally hold an assessor’s qualification (advantageous but not essential)
• You will be passionate about education and training and capable of solving problems creatively.
Interviews will be arranged as and when applications are received, so please do not delay in applying.
Pension scheme: People’s pension scheme (PPS)
Benefits: 28 days annual leave (pro rata for part time) + bank holidays and Christmas closure, retail benefits scheme, free onsite parking, refectory/coffee shop and staff wellbeing day.
DBS check is payable by candidate
You will have your own transport – willing to use and insured for business purposes.
Basingstoke College of Technology, located in North Hampshire, is a leading and well respected further education provider. The college prides itself on its excellent links with business and the success of its learners in securing positive destinations.
Basingstoke is an expanding town with a thriving economy and excellent transport links. The college was rated ‘good with outstanding features’ in May 2016 by Ofsted and is committed to becoming an ‘outstanding’ provider. Our financial health has consistently been rated ‘outstanding’ over the last 10 years by the Skills Funding Agency.
BCoT is a significant provider of apprenticeships, the achievement rates of our apprentices are significantly above the sector average and we have set ambitious growth targets.
BCoT is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce.