FTE 0.5676 (21 hours per week, 52 weeks per year)
£14,420 - £15,636 per annum (£25,406 - £27,548, pro rata per annum)
• Could you work with young people and employers?
• Could you support young people to achieve an Apprenticeship?
• Could you help employers to identify the benefits of recruiting apprentices?
• Could you build close relationships with employers to identify and address their training and development needs?
If you feel that you could do all of these things then this interesting and challenging role is for you. We are looking for someone dynamic with excellent communication skills to join our team.
A working knowledge of apprenticeship frameworks and standards is required, and an assessor’s qualification would be advantageous but not essential. Above all, you’ll be passionate about education and training and capable of solving problems creatively.
We will start to review applications 7 days after the vacancy is advertised. Interviews will be arranged as and when after this date, so please do not delay in applying.
- Pension scheme: Peoples Pension.
- Generous annual leave entitlement, bank holidays (plus Christmas closure.) Retail Benefits scheme, free onsite parking, refectory/coffee shop, Gym and staff wellbeing day.
- DBS check is payable by candidate.
- You will have your own transport – willing to use and insured for business purposes.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the College is therefore permitted to ask job applicants to declare all convictions and cautions (including those which are "spent" unless they are "protected" under the DBS filtering rules) in order to assess their suitability to work with children.
Basingstoke College of Technology, located in North Hampshire, is a leading and well respected further education provider. The college prides itself on its excellent links with business and the success of its learners in securing positive destinations.
Basingstoke is an expanding town with a thriving economy and excellent transport links. The college was rates ‘good with outstanding features’ in May 2016 by Ofsted and is committed to becoming an ‘outstanding’ provider. Our financial health has consistently been rated ‘outstanding’ over the last 10 years by the Skills Funding Agency.
BCoT is a significant provider of apprenticeships and we have set ambitious growth targets.
BCoT is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce.