Director of STEM
37 hours per week
Salary: £51,578 - £53,126 per annum
Coventry College is seeking to appoint a highly organised and self-motivated Director of STEM with a professional manner and effective communication skills, who can play a key role in achieving the college strategic objectives and driving high expectations and aspirations for staff and learners.
The successful candidate will
• Be responsible for the effective management and leadership of a curriculum area, ensuring that the standards and the quality of teaching and learning are constantly improved and that all member of staff work towards delivering excellence.
• Hold an appropriate academic or professional qualification: a degree or equivalent in a subject relevant to the curriculum area (highest level in a skill based qualification)
• Hold at teaching qualification PGCE, Cert ED, DTLLS or equivalent
• Experience of teaching on programmes within this particular area of provision
• The successful candidate will have experience of working with employers and service providers designing programmes to meet needs.
The post is full time for 37 hours per week, however the successful candidate will need to have a flexible approach to their hours of work.
The successful candidate will be required to travel between sites.
Benefits include 34 days’ annual leave pro-rata plus statutory bank holidays and an attractive pension scheme.
The successful applicant will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check.
Candidates with a disability will be guaranteed an interview, providing they meet all the essential requirements of the post.
Coventry college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.