Involvement and Engagement Coach TTO (38 weeks)
37 hours per week
Salary: £15,077 - £16,934 per annum (FTE: £17,811 to £20,005 per annum)
Coventry College is seeking to appoint an Involvement and Engagement Coach to develop and deliver a range involvement and engaging programmes as well as learner enrichment activities to support the personal, social and wellbeing development of learners across the college
The successful candidate will foster a culture of positive student engagement, providing high quality customer service in relation to campus safety
• Lead on the embedding of equality and diversity through the development of an engaging and inspiring diversity programme, including the promotion of groups such as the LGBT group, young carers support, etc.
• Help students to establish friendships, build confidence and develop social skills through active group work and one-to-one sessions, providing guidance and support to students as appropriate.
• Using a variety of methods engage young people in enrichment programmes, services and activities in the Social Hub and across the College.
• Organise and deliver workshops as part of the enrichment programme and develop programmes of accreditation.
As an Involvement and Engagement Coach you should have:
• Minimum of a Level 2 qualification in English and Maths.
• Experience of working with people within an educational organisation or youth work environment.
• Experience of planning and delivering activities which will engage students
• Experience of working with young people from marginalised groups
You should also be able to demonstrate:
• Up to date knowledge/understanding of key issues affecting young people
• Ability to raise aspirations and motivate students to achieve/attend College
• Knowledge of safeguarding legislation and personal responsibilities
• On-site gym discount
• On-site nursery discount (First Friends Nursery)
• Free on-site parking at both campuses
• A good pension scheme
A flexible approach to working hours is essential.
Candidates with a disability will be guaranteed an interview, providing they meet all the essential requirements of the post.
You will be required to apply for a DBS check if you are successful.
(Please note that CVs will not be accepted)
Coventry college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.