12 Months Fixed Term Contract
37 hours per week
Salary: £20,005 to £22,517 per annum (dependent on qualifications and experience)
Coventry College is looking to appoint a Mechanical Craftsperson across both campuses To ensure a welcoming, efficient and safe environment for staff, learners and visitors, undertaking Estates maintenance duties, including planned preventative Maintenance (PPM) and reactive maintenance tasks, supporting estates facilities management as and when required.
As a Mechanical Craftsperson you should:
• Recognised and registered CITB or EITB minimum three year apprenticeship in mechanical engineering BTEC, ONC in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
• Worked in a similar role and have a minimum of 3 years relevant experience
• Experience of implementing Health and Safety policies/procedures and checks
You should also be able to demonstrate:
• Experience of delivering consistently high levels of customer service
• Experience of undertaking and completing maintenance tasks to a high standard
• Knowledge and experience in the application of Health & Safety procedures, asbestos and safe water systems.
As a Mechanical Craftsperson you will benefit from:
• Annual staff recognition awards
• 34 days’ holiday plus 8 bank holidays
• On-site gym discount
• On-site nursery discount (First Friends Nursery)
• Free on-site parking at both campuses
• A good pension scheme (LGPS)
• Access to CPD
A flexible approach to working hours is essential. Candidates with a disability will be guaranteed an interview, providing they meet all the essential requirements of the post. You will be required to apply for a DBS check if you are successful.
(Please note that CVs will not be accepted)
Coventry college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.