Personal Development & Wellbeing Coach (TTO)
37 hours per week, Term Time.
Salary: £19,633.75 - £20,834.38 per annum (dependent on qualifications and experience)
Coventry College is seeking to appoint a Personal Development & Wellbeing Coach to offer a range of holistic support for learners and to act as mentor to students who find it difficult to sustain regular attendance and fall below the agreed College attendance levels. You will enable and support learners to overcome barriers to progress and succeed.
As a Personal Development & Wellbeing Coach you should have:
• Minimum of a Level 2 qualification in English and Maths.
• Professional qualification in Coaching or Youth Work or commitment towards actively working towards gaining the qualification.
• Experience of working with people within an educational organisation or youth work environment.
You should also be able to demonstrate:
• Ability to monitor student performance achievement and attendance and to take appropriate action to improve the chances of success.
• An in-depth knowledge of the full range of opportunities and progression routes within Further and Higher Education.
• Ability to demonstrate knowledge of the statutory guidance around safeguarding and the Prevent Duty and the ability to translate this into practice.
• 34 days’ holiday plus 8 bank holidays
• On-site gym discount
• On-site nursery discount (First Friends Nursery)
• Free on-site parking at both campuses
• A good pension scheme
A flexible approach to working hours is essential. Candidates with a disability will be guaranteed an interview, providing they meet all the essential requirements of the post. You will be required to apply for a DBS check if you are successful.
(Please note that CVs will not be accepted)
Coventry college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.