Security and Site Assistant – 6 Months Fixed Term Contract
37 hours per week
Salary: £16,823 to £17,319 (pro rata) (dependent on qualifications and experience)
Coventry College is looking to appoint a Security and Site Assistant across both campuses to ensure a welcoming, efficient and secure environment for staff, students and visitors, undertaking janitorial duties, logistical duties and tasks supporting estates management and facilities management as and when needed and security and surveillance duties.
As a Security and Site Assistant, you should:
• Worked in a similar role and have a minimum of 3 years relevant experience
• Experience of delivering consistently high levels of customer service
• Ability to diffuse conflict situations in a calm manner and approach
You should also be able to demonstrate:
• A Willingness to update and adapt skills as required by the demand of the role.
• Ability to demonstrate an understanding of equality and safeguarding, and their importance within the College, appropriate to role
• Good communication skills are required both written and verbal
As a Security and Site Assistant you will benefit from:
• Annual staff recognition awards
• 34 days’ holiday plus 8 bank holidays
• On-site gym discount
• On-site nursery discount (First Friends Nursery)
• Free on-site parking at both campuses
• A good pension scheme (LGPS)
• Access to CPD
A flexible approach to working hours is essential. Candidates with a disability will be guaranteed an interview, providing they meet all the essential requirements of the post. You will be required to apply for a DBS check if you are successful.
(Please note that CVs will not be accepted)
Coventry college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.