JOB TITLE: Administrator
SCALE/SCALE-POINT: Support Staff Scale 3
RESPONSIBLE TO: Examinations Operational Lead
‘Come questioning, go seeking, grow’
We are looking to recruit experienced individuals to provide efficient and effective administration to The Henley College. As part of the team you will take ownership of your allocated tasks to support leaners and staff by means of providing a first-class, high quality customer service experience throughout the student’s learner journey.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• To liaise with and provide administrative support to the Exams Department and other departments around the college.
• To liaise with assessor to support the needs of the Exams team.
• Assist in gathering the evidence needed to provide exam access arrangements for students at the College. This will involve requesting Impact on Teaching and Learning information from tutors and teachers and gather initial screening outcomes and access arrangement history (obtained from previous academic institution where necessary)
• To provide admin support in maintaining and developing the online recording system and supporting the move to a paperless office.
• To ensure continuous professional development (CPD) requirements as specified by the College and that may be identified during College processes, for example Appraisal.
• To maintain awareness of the requirements of the College Health and Safety Policy and to be responsible for ensuring that the duties and responsibilities detailed in the College Health and Safety Policy are adhered to and carried out.
• To read and apply the College Safeguarding and Prevent procedures and to ensure that the duties and responsibilities detailed in the College Safeguarding Policy and Prevent Duty Policy are adhered to and carried out.
• To read the College Single Equality Scheme and to act in accordance with statutory obligations under the equality duties and in compliance with current Equality and Diversity legislation.
• To ensure adherence to the College Data Protection Policy.
• To work to the College quality standards and systems within the context of the College quality systems.
• To undertake such other duties and responsibilities as are appropriate to this level of post, including any reasonable request made by Head of Faculty or Senior Leadership Team.
Essential skills and Characteristics
• previous administrative experience
• process driven and methodological
• good word-processing/data inputting skills and speed
• good standard of general education
• good interpersonal and communication skills
• ability to work flexibly as part of a team
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Tenure of post: Fixed Term Contract, Term time Only,
Start Date: As soon as possible
End Date: 8th April 2022
Hours of work: 37 hours per week
Salary: From £18,753.00 per annum (pro-rated Term Time Only)
Pension: Local Government Pension Scheme (optional). This is an employee and employer contributory pension scheme.
The Henley College is an Equal Opportunities Employer. The Henley College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of learners and expects all staff to share this commitment. This position is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DSB (previously CRB) check
The Henley College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.