Post Title: Hockey Coach
Grade: Hourly Paid
Reporting to: Curriculum Leader
‘Come questioning, go seeking, grow’
We are seeking an enthusiastic Hockey Coach to join our friendly Sports team at The Henley College. The post holder will be flexible in supporting matches at the college and fixtures.
- Coaching as per agreed hours on the enrichment & development programme (if appropriate)
- Proficiency in the skills, techniques and tactics appropriate to the activity, age and experience of the pupils
- Plan and lead sessions; select, manage and umpire squads; track pupil progress and liaise with the Curriculum Leader - Sport to ensure the highest standard of coaching is met
- A basic grounding in Health and Safety procedures, risk assessments and codes of conduct for pupils while taking part in the activity itself
- Caring for sports equipment and kit and organisation of sport and exercise store cupboards
- Contributing to the development of coaching plans appropriate to the activity, age and experience of the pupils
- Participate in and contribute to INSET training for staff as required
- Carry out such other duties within the post holder’s capabilities as may be reasonably requested from time to time
- Comply with any rules and regulations which the College may from time to time issue, to ensure the efficient operation of its business and the welfare and interest of its employees and learners.
- Work flexibly and efficiently to maintain the highest professional standards and to promote and implement the policies of the College.
- To ensure adherence to all College policies and procedures including Staff Code of Conduct, Safeguarding, Keeping Children Safe in Education, and IT Policy and procedures.
- To work to the College quality standards and systems within the context of the College quality systems.
- To ensure continuous professional development (CPD) requirements as specified by the College and that may be identified during college processes, for example, Developmental reviews.
- To undertake such other duties and responsibilities as are appropriate to this level of post.
- Educated to GCSE Level
- Previous experience in coaching relevant sporting activities
- Experience in working with young people
- A full, clean driving license
- Willingness to drive students, in a minibus, to and from fixtures (will need to take a minibus driving test)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively with others
- Problem-solving skills
The ability to:
- motivate individuals to improve their performance
- encourage others to achieve learning success
- manage own workload and use initiative
- manage time effectively and prioritise tasks
- record, communicate and report on progress efficiently and clearly
- A commitment to the College values and equal opportunities
- The ability to work flexibly to meet the demands of the post
- A basic teaching qualification or willingness to obtain one
Terms of Employment
Tenure of post: Fixed Term Contract
Hours of work: Wednesdays from 2pm – 4pm plus fixtures as agreed with the line manager
Start Date: 1st September 2022
Salary: £21.18 per hour
Benefits you can Enjoy
- Local Government Pension Scheme. This is an employee and employee contributory pension scheme.
- Amazing range of continued professional development to support your career path including teacher training
- Free onsite gym
- Free Car Park on both sites and Good public transport
- Wellbeing offering to support your physical, mental and financial health through our EAP.
The Henley College is an Equal Opportunities Employer. The Henley College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of learners and expects all staff to share this commitment. This position is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check.
Please note - Early applications are encouraged. We reserve the right to close this vacancy earlier than stated should we source a suitable candidate before the closing date.
The Henley College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.