JOB TITLE: Learning Support Assistant (LSA)
SCALE/SCALE-POINT: Support Staff Scale 3
RESPONSIBLE TO: Learning Support Coordinator
‘Come questioning, go seeking, grow’
The post holder will work with students who have learning difficulties, physical difficulties and/or behavioural difficulties. The number of students supported will be dependent on the yearly student cohort.
RESPONSIBILITY AND DUTIES
• To support students in the learning environment.
• To assist the teachers to identify and prioritise students requiring in class support.
• To be responsible for students personal needs, when required.
• Supervision of the students concerned both in and out of the College buildings, as required.
• Supervision of students during their free periods and lunch, as required.
• To identify personal and professional staff development needs to meet the College’s Strategic Plan.
• To ensure continuous professional development (CPD) requirements as specified by the College and that may be identified during College processes, for example Appraisal.
• To participate in the College Appraisal Scheme.
• To maintain awareness of the requirements of the College Health and Safety Policy and to be responsible for ensuring that the duties and responsibilities detailed in the College Health and Safety Policy are adhered to and carried out.
• To read and apply the College Safeguarding and Prevent procedures and to ensure that the duties and responsibilities detailed in the College Safeguarding Policy and Prevent Duty Policy are adhered to and carried out.
• To read the College Single Equality Scheme and to act in accordance with statutory obligations under the equality duties and in compliance with current Equality and Diversity legislation.
• To ensure adherence to the College Data Protection Policy.
• To work to the College quality standards and systems within the context of the College quality systems.
• To undertake such other duties and responsibilities as are appropriate to this level of post, including any reasonable request made by Head of Faculty or Senior Leadership Team.
Essential skills and Characteristics
• Ability to form good relationship with students
• Understanding and experience of basic literacy and numeracy testing
• Firm and fair approach, appropriate to young adults with a variety of needs, some of whom may exhibit difficult behaviour at times
• Willingness and ability to handle above
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Tenure of post: 1-year Fixed Term contract, Term Time Only (36 weeks a year)
Hours of work: Various
Salary: Up to £19,305.00 per annum full time (Pro rata for Part time and Term Time Only)
Pension: Local Government Pension Scheme (optional). This is an employee
and employer contributory pension scheme.
The Henley College is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The Henley College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of learners and expects all staff to share this commitment. This position is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DSB (previously CRB) check
The Henley College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.