Marketing and Business Development is a key area of the College, responsible for the active promotion of the College across many channels, including online. The Marketing and Digital Engagement Officer is required to assist the Head of Marketing and Business Development with the day-to-day administrative functions of the Marketing and Schools Liaison section, including: marketing communications, updating and monitoring the college website and social media platforms, compiling newsletters, assisting with and promoting internal and external events.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Assist with the monitoring and update of the College’s social media channels, producing creative content
- Assist with the updating and development of the College’s website
- Cover for Reception as required
- Write and proofread marketing copy for both online and print, as required
- Coordinate and attend internal College recruitment events
- Coordinate and attend external recruitment events
- Assist with the organisation of the College’s annual Education Awards
- Act as a liaison point between staff in partner/feeder schools and the Head of Marketing.
- Arrange visits to feeder schools for Head of Marketing, where required
- To produce regular digital newsletters, as required.
- Arrange the effective distribution of marketing materials
- Maintain and update marketing databases
- To source, attend, report on and write up stories from around the College community
- To actively build relationships across the College community to encourage whole college involvement in marketing and recruitment.
- Oversee and supervise students using the Digital Suite in a study capacity
- Monitor and update Marketing materials around the College campus.
- Act as point of liaison between Marketing team and student body.
- Assist with Alumni development, communications and events
- To support the Head of Marketing and Business Development with any research or data sourcing.
- To assist with Communications and School Liaison activities, as required
- To identify personal and professional staff development needs to meet the College’s Strategic Plan.
- To ensure continuous professional development (CPD) requirements that may be identified during College processes, for example Appraisal.
- To maintain awareness of the requirements of the College Health and Safety Policy and to be responsible for ensuring that the duties and responsibilities detailed in the College Health and Safety Policy are adhered to and carried out
- To read and apply the College Safeguarding and Prevent procedures and to ensure that the duties and responsibilities detailed in the College Safeguarding Policy and Prevent Duty Policy are adhered to and carried out
- To read the College Single Equality Scheme and to act in accordance with statutory obligations under the equality duties and in compliance with current Equality and Diversity legislation
- To ensure adherence to the College Data Protection Policy
- To work to the College quality standards and systems within the context of the College quality systems
- To undertake such other duties and responsibilities as are appropriate to this level of post, including any reasonable request made by Head of Faculty or Senior Leadership Team
Essential Skills and Characteristics
- A desire to work in marketing
- A high level of ability in written English, including spelling, grammar and attention to detail
- A high ability in digital skills, with the desire and potential to make this a key area for growth
- Ability to prioritise workload and excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and enthusiasm for Marketing and Communications
- Creativity, ideas and innovation.
- Experience of social media updating
- UK Driving Licence.
Desirable Skills and Characteristics
- Experience working in a Marketing role
- Experience of working in an educational setting
- Experience of website update
- Experience of Adobe Creative Suite, in particular Photoshop and InDesign.
- Experience of content writing
- Experience of photography
- Educated to degree level
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Tenure of post: Permanent, All Year Around
Hours of work: 37 hours per week, Monday – Friday
Salary: From £23,628.00 per annum
Annual Leave: 23 days per leave year (1st September to 31st August) plus bank holidays
Benefits you can Enjoy
Local Government Pension Scheme (optional). This is an employee and employer contributory pension scheme.
Amazing range of continued professional development to support your career path
Free onsite gym
Free Car Park on both sites and Good public transport
The Henley College is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The Henley College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of learners and expects all staff to share this commitment. This position is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DSB (previously CRB) check.
Please note - Early applications are encouraged. We reserve the right to close this vacancy earlier than stated should we source a suitable candidate before the closing date.
The Henley College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.