You will be responsible for providing effective leadership and operational management of your teams. Supporting and working with the Centre Director to ensure the area contributes and achieves the College’s objectives of becoming an outstanding, innovative and customer focussed provider that ensures growth in recruitment and delivers service excellence for all.
1. To oversee leadership of the programmes delivered within the curriculum area ensuring highly effective delivery of teaching, learning and assessment.
2. To lead and support curriculum innovation within the programme team to ensure the curriculum offer is effective in meeting the needs of learners and employers in line with national, regional and local government agenda.
3. Ensure all targets set for recruitment, attendance, punctuality, retention, achievement and progression are regularly reviewed and monitored with programme teams.
4. To promote excellence in all aspects of the curriculum, management development and Innovation, and facilitate the sharing of best practice.
5. Effectively manage the programme teams to ensure all aspects of the College’s quality assurance processes are fully implemented.
6. Lead the team to effectively engage with, and produce a robust self-assessment report.
7. Co-ordinate internal and external verification processes, liaising with awarding bodies, external verifiers and the College’s exams team
8. Support the Centre Director to ensure that programme teams are consistently high performing through effective use of the College’s performance management system, including conducting performance review meetings.
9. Lead, motivate and support programme teams so that they can make a full and valued contribution to the development of the programme area.
10. To deliver 540 hours per year of scheduled teaching
11. Support and lead the team to fully prepare for external/internal inspection and all audits.
12. Effectively manage all cost centre budget allocations in line with the College’s financial regulations.
13. Be responsive to internal and external college initiatives
14. Be an active member of the cross college teaching and learning observation team.
15. Work with marketing and others partners to raise the profile of the area.
16. Any other duties of a similar level of responsibility as may be required.
Hopwood Hall College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.