Our teaching assistant apprenticeship programme will teach many different skills, which will allow you to work within schools to support classroom delivery.
Duties will include:
- Support the teacher within the classroom and help students with the understanding of the work the teacher has supplied
- Work closely with teachers to ensure own contribution aligns with the teaching
- Planning sessions and think about learning objectives for children with a variety of needs
- Deliver/lead small group teaching within clearly defined/planned parameters using initiative, sensitivity and understanding
- Raise standards of achievement for all pupils
- Encourage pupils to become more independent learners
- Provide support for their emotional, social, and physical welfare
- Support the inclusion of pupils in all aspects of school life
- Work under the direction of the line manager, class teachers and other staff to support the learning of whole classes, selected groups or individuals as instructed
- Contribute to a range of assessment processes and use information effectively for example: written records
- Use specific feedback to help pupils make progress
- Apply good subject knowledge to support accurate assessment
- Have an understanding of how to support Special Educational Needs
- Knowledge of/willingness to learn about how children develop
- How to support children in literacy and/or numeracy; how children learn and how to motivate them, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of/willingness to learn about behaviour management strategies
- Able to communicate and break down information to make it learnable
- Enthusiastic and have an interest in working with children with additional needs
- A team player
- Reliable, committed, and punctual attitude
- Hard working ethic
- Willingness to be flexible and adapt to changing situations
- GCSE (or equivalent) English and maths, grades A*-C/9-4 or Functional Skills Level 2.
- After completing your apprenticeship and having gained a qualification and significant work experience, we find many of our apprentices earn positive destinations to progress within their career.
Things to consider
- Safeguarding, Prevent, and Equal Opportunities: Let Me Play, LMP Education and Inspire ATA are committed to anti-discrimination and equal opportunities for all. We are equally committed to safer recruitment policies, safeguarding, the prevent duty and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. To achieve our commitment, we will ensure continuous development and improvement of robust safeguarding processes and procedures that promote a culture of safeguarding amongst our staff and volunteers
- The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW)
- Inspire ATA Limited is acting as an apprentice training agency (ATA) and will engage you for the duration of the apprenticeship and pay your salary
- You should be aware that the company/business named in this vacancy is a host employer and you will not be employed by them. You will be placed at Stephen Hawking SEN School for the duration of this apprenticeship
INSPIRE ATA LIMITED
Employer is not registered as Disability Confident
Inspire ATA Ltd. is a not-for-profit social enterprise set up to make a difference. We specialise in working with a wide range of clients (nationwide) that want to take on excellent Apprentices. We recruit and employ all of our apprentices and then arrange amazing placements with our partners and clients whilst providing ongoing support. We also arrange and quality assure the training through our partner apprenticeship training providers.
Our vision is “to inspire ambition and widen horizons” and this is something that is totally embedded in all that we do. Our ATA creates apprenticeship jobs and opportunities that otherwise wouldn’t exist for people, allowing them to raise their aspirations. A lot of our work is with schools, so we love the fact that our apprentices go on to inspire children of all ages. We inspire to inspire!
We want to have a positive impact on society with the work we do, and we encourage individuals to be good citizens that contribute to the wider community. Our focus for 2022 is all around the development and wellbeing of our apprentices – you will often see us use the hashtag #LearnerFirst.
We operate nationally but we are based in Hammersmith & Fulham in London and are the 2021-22 winner of Best Apprenticeship Employer in Central & Greater London.
Additional location information
Please note you will be employed by Inspire ATA and placed at Stephen Hawking SEN School for the duration of your apprenticeship.
Inspire ATA Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.