The Kings of Wessex Academy
Inclusion Support Assistant
32.5 hours per week, term time only. 8.30 am – 3.30 pm, Monday – Friday (30-minute unpaid lunch break)
Grade 14 £18,933 - £19,698 per annum pro rata. Starting Salary £13,815
Required as soon as possible
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic Inclusion Support Assistant to work in Accelerate to support pupils with barriers to learning, some of which may display challenging behaviour. You will support students on a 1:1 and small group basis and you will be expected to show a calm, caring and nurturing approach as building positive relationships is key to improving behaviour and supporting students to achieve.
Candidates will need to demonstrate the following:
• experience of working with, or relating to, young people and having a commitment to their education, development, welfare and aspirations is highly desirable but transferable skills and professions will also be considered
• excellent interpersonal, communication, and administration skills
• the ability to set clear boundaries and be empathetic and patient
• the ability to plan, deliver and review interventions, including for students with social and behavioural needs
• ability to support a range of subjects at GCSE level
• ability to respond to changing priorities in a fast-moving environment
Closing date: Friday 24 September 2021 – 8.00 am
Interview date: To be confirmed
The Kings of Wessex Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.