Macclesfield College is proud of its achievements and ambitious plans for the future.
We strive to offer an exceptional working culture and have recently been highly commended as “Best Place to Work” at the North East Cheshire Business Awards 2022.
We invest in the future for both students and colleagues alike and continue to attract, retain and develop our outstanding people to provide only the best for our learners.
We have the most supportive and collaborative colleagues who enrich the lives of our students by living our Vision of "Empowerment through Learning" It is our DNA and we push for excellence in everything we do.
About the Role
Part Time (over 4 days)
To coach and mentor a range of learners who are studying AAT/ payroll.
- To support learners on a one to one basis, working with the teaching staff who deliver the qualification to ensure that learners are attending classes and are progressing appropriately.
- To support learners in putting together a portfolio of evidence ready for their End Point Assessment.
- Complete reviews with learners and employers out in the workplace to ensure that all learners are working in a safe environment and are making progress in their apprenticeship role in the workplace.
- Support learners in their preparation for their end point assessment.
- Seek out new business opportunities and promote training to employers
Why Choose Macclesfield College? For starters we offer the opportunity to work from home on a Friday to enhance your work life balance.
We are proud to be a Real Living Wage employer and by joining us, you will have access to our fantastic benefits, inclusive of:
- 38 days annual leave inclusive of Bank and Public Holidays
- 2 weeks additional leave at Christmas close
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Free secure campus parking and excellent transport links
- Long Service Recognition
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health
- Investment in our employees Continuous Professional Development at the College with a comprehensive timetable of training and development alongside coaching and mentoring from our experienced Quality team.
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to work
- Retail discounts
- Good for ME, Good for FE – Volunteering, Fundraising
- Discounted gym membership, and hair and beauty treatments
- Onsite Starbucks café
All posts are subject to standard pre-employment checks and you will be asked to provide;
- Evidence of your right to work in the UK
- Proof of Identity
- A minimum of two professional referees to cover a five-year period
- An on-line check of your name
- Health Declaration for any health conditions or disabilities for which you may need the College to make appropriate adjustments
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All appointments will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and satisfactory references.
The College is committed to equality of opportunity. We welcome applications from all sections of the community, particularly from members of ethnic minority groups.