Macclesfield College is proud of its achievements and ambitious plans for the future.
We strive to offer an exceptional working culture and have recently been highly commended as “Best Place to Work” at the North East Cheshire Business Awards 2022.
We invest in the future for both students and colleagues alike and continue to attract, retain and develop our outstanding people to provide only the best for our learners.
We have the most supportive and collaborative colleagues who enrich the lives of our students by living our Vision of "Empowerment through Learning" It is our DNA and we push for excellence in everything we do. An Estates Caretaker is required to join our friendly and professional Estates team.
As part of the Estates team you will be required to carry out planned maintenance and repair work on College grounds and buildings and will be responsible for ensuring that site management, safety and security is maintained at all times. Shift work and some evening work is required, alongside occasional weekends. Shifts currently are as follows:
- Monday to Thursday 6:00am - 2:00pm
- Early Friday 7:00am – 2.30pm
- Monday 10.30-18.30
- Tuesday & Wednesday l13.30-21.30
- Thursday (Normal) 10.30-18.30
- Thursday (Events) 12.00-20.00 (Variation as required)
- Friday 09.30-17.00
- Late Monday & Thursday 10:00am – 6:00pm
- Late Tuesday & Wednesday 1:30pm – 9:30pm
- Late Friday 11:00am – 6:00pm
With a ‘flexible can do’ approach to your work, you will have good communication and interpersonal skills, be an excellent team player as well as have the ability to work under pressure using your own initiative when responding to the Estate department's changing work demands.
You will be able to demonstrate a good level of health and safety awareness and the ability to apply safe working practices. Ideally you will have a First Aid at Work certificate, or be willing to undertake this qualification.
Experience of basic maintenance and general repair work along with manual handling techniques is essential. Industry experience in a relevant trade would be advantageous.
Our mission statement “Empowerment through Learning” is our company DNA, not only do we want the very best for every student, we want the best for our colleagues too – join us!
We are proud to be a Real Living Wage employer and by joining us, you will have access to our fantastic benefits, inclusive of:
- Free onsite parking
- In addition to the Bank and Public Holidays, Academic and Business Support holiday entitlement
- Holiday Christmas Close Down
- Long Service Recognition
- Star Cards – Recognising over and above acts of excellence
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health
- Life Assurance
- Excellent pension schemes (Local Government and Teachers)
- Cycle to work
- Retail discounts
- Continuing Professional Development
- College Family Fun Day and Christmas Celebrations
- Good for ME, Good for FE – Volunteering, Fundraising
- Discounted gym membership
- Discounted hair and beauty treatments
- Onsite café
All posts are subject to standard pre-employment checks and you will be asked to provide;
- Evidence of your right to work in the UK
- Proof of Identity
- A minimum of two professional referees to cover a five-year period
- An on-line check of your name
- Health Declaration for any health conditions or disabilities for which you may need the College to make appropriate adjustments
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All appointments will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and satisfactory references.
The College is committed to equality of opportunity. We welcome applications from all sections of the community, particularly from members of ethnic minority groups.