Macclesfield College is proud of its achievements and ambitious plans for the future.
We strive to offer an exceptional working culture and have recently been highly commended as “Best Place to Work” at the North East Cheshire Business Awards 2022.
We invest in the future for both students and colleagues alike and continue to attract, retain and develop our outstanding people to provide only the best for our learners.
We have the most supportive and collaborative colleagues who enrich the lives of our students by living our Vision of "Empowerment through Learning" It is our DNA and we push for excellence in everything we do.
About the role:
This role is to support the students and apprentices in Maxim in the delivery of CIPD (Level 3&5) and Learning and Development by working in the class room, online and in employers work places in the Cheshire area.
• You will be completing reviews with learners in the workplace to ensure that they are making progress in their apprenticeship role, and are able to identify where support is needed.
• You will teach and guide learners to ensure that they are prepared for the end point assessment.
• Seek out new business opportunities and promote training to employers.
• You will be able to encourage and engage all leaners through face to face and online support to guide them to achieve their qualification
For this role you will need to hold a CIPD Level 5 or Level 7 with experience in being a HR generalist with L&D experience. It is desirable you have a teaching qualification, however depending on your experience and knowledge Macclesfield college can support you with your Certificate in Education to start you on your journey in to teaching.
This role is working and visiting employers in the area so access to a vehicle and business insurance is required.
Why Choose Macclesfield College? For starters we offer the opportunity to work from home on a Friday to enhance your work life balance.
We are proud to be a Real Living Wage employer and by joining us, you will have access to our fantastic benefits, inclusive of:
- 38 days annual leave inclusive of Bank and Public Holidays
- 2 weeks additional leave at Christmas close
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Free secure campus parking and excellent transport links
- Long Service Recognition
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health
- Investment in our employees Continuous Professional Development at the College with a comprehensive timetable of training and development alongside coaching and mentoring from our experienced Quality team.
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to work
- Retail discounts
- Good for ME, Good for FE – Volunteering, Fundraising
- Discounted gym membership, and hair and beauty treatments
- Onsite Starbucks café
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All appointments will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and satisfactory references.
The College is committed to equality of opportunity. We welcome applications from all sections of the community, particularly from members of ethnic minority groups.