Macclesfield College is a place that fires ambition, realises potential and looks to the future.
This is the perfect time to join as we are delighted to announce that we are the first college in the UK to be recognised by the “art of brilliance” Investors in Wellbeing Award.
We continue to build a growth mindset for both students and colleagues alike and continue to attract, retain and develop our outstanding people to provide only the best for our learners.
We have the most supportive and collaborative colleagues who enrich the lives of our students by living our Vision of "Empowerment through Learning" It is our DNA and we push for excellence in everything we do.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Lecturer in Electrical Installation. The successful candidate will work as part of an existing team to support the delivery of high quality Electrical Installation provision. The successful applicant will be involved in the marketing, planning, delivery, assessment and internal verification of Electrical programmes across 18th edition and 2365. This will involve supporting the College's learners in achieving their academic goals and career progression by delivering high quality lessons, and ensuring high student attendance and satisfaction.
- Deliver on a range of course programmes and provisions at all levels, including preparation of work and assessments both at college sites and in the workplace
- Taking responsibility for students, including interviewing, pre-course assessment, enrolment, induction, pastoral care and review of progress.
- Participating in and contributing to curriculum development and review, including the development, marketing and introduction of new courses.
- Contributing to all quality assurance requirements relating to the course programmes
- Take responsibility for students, including pre-course assessment, enrolment, induction and review of progress.
- Liaison with external agencies, including validating bodies, employers and placement providers.
- Responsibility for keeping up-to-date in the subject area.
Does Macclesfield College sound like the perfect working environment for you? For starters we offer the opportunity to work from home on a Friday to enhance your work life balance.
We are proud of our fantastic benefits, inclusive of:
• 48 days annual leave inclusive of Bank and Public Holidays
• 2 weeks additional leave at Christmas closedown
• Teachers’ Pension Scheme
• Real Living Wage Employer
• Free secure campus parking and excellent transport links
• Long Service Recognition and Awards
• Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health
• Investment in our employees Continuous Professional Development at the College with a comprehensive timetable of training and development alongside coaching and mentoring from our experienced Quality team.
• Life Assurance
• Cycle to work
• Retail discounts
• Good for ME, Good for FE – Volunteering, Fundraising
• Discounted gym membership, and hair and beauty treatments
• Onsite Starbucks café
All posts are subject to standard pre-employment checks and you will be asked to provide;
- Evidence of your right to work in the UK
- Proof of Identity
- A minimum of two professional referees to cover a five-year period
- An on-line check of your name
- Health Declaration for any health conditions or disabilities for which you may need the College to make appropriate adjustments
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All appointments will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and satisfactory references.
The College is committed to equality of opportunity. We welcome applications from all sections of the community, particularly from members of ethnic minority groups.