Do you want to be part of a dedicated and friendly team that helps young people with complex learning, behaviour and physical difficulties to blossom and achieve?
We are looking for caring and enthusiastic individuals to join our Foundation Learning team and help us to create opportunities that transform lives.
This is an excellent start to a career in education, with fully funded staff development and progression opportunities that include teaching, management and leadership routes.
As a Foundation Learning Support Assistant, you will work directly with students to provide support with learning valuable life skills and managing their self-care needs, as well as assisting teaching staff in maintaining a safe learning environment.
You may be asked to provide dedicated 1:1 support to specific students, allowing you to build up a rapport with individuals, or support groups of students with similar needs and requirements. You will have the support of a larger team who will help you develop and implement specific strategies to support the students’ needs.
Part-time, term-time-only posts are available to start immediately or after Christmas 2022, with vacancies for 18, 24 or 30 hours per week.
You will be required to work from 8:50am – 3:10pm on a term-time only basis. Please note, the actual salary is £12,984 per year, based on an hourly rate of £10.00 per hour, working 30 hours per week (Monday to Friday), over 38 working weeks.
You will have the following:
- A minimum of level 2 (GCSE) English and Maths or equivalent
- Experience of working with individuals who have additional needs in a personal or professional setting
It would be desirable if you also:
- Hold a qualification related to Health and Social Care
- Have experience of working within Education
We’re on a mission to be an outstanding education provider. As an Ofsted ‘good’ college and accredited with Silver Investors in People, we are already well on our way to being a great place to study and work. To help take this ambition one step further, we need a talented mix of teaching and non-teaching staff to join our team.
In return, we offer:
- Free on-site parking
- 25 days holiday included in annual salary
- Local Government Pension Scheme 5.5% employee contribution vs 26.9% employer contribution
- Friendly and flexible working environment
- Discounted childcare at on-site nursery for Newbury College staff
- Access to our new Newbury College Gym for a small annual subscription fee of £20
Please note that as an education provider we follow Safer Recruitment guidelines. This means that we are only able to consider candidates who have completed a full application form.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy before the set closing date if we receive a good level of applicants. To avoid disappointment, we would advise that you complete your application in full, rather than saving and returning to complete at a later date.