Career Development Coach
14 Hours per week, 40 weeks £6,380 actual (£19,295 FTE)
we are currently looking for Job Development Coach to join our expanding team. This is a fundamental role that requires the successful candidate to work with our learners to find meaningful employment opportunities, supporting our “careers not courses” approach within Newbury College.
You will be required to work from 12 hours per week on a term-time only basis.
You will have the following.
1. A minimum of level 2 (GCSE) English and Maths or equivalent
2. BASE qualified for in-work support (or working towards)
3. L3 Teaching qualification and/or L3 IAG (or working towards
4. Experience of working with young people or adults with learning difficulties and/or disabilities.
5. Experience in a customer facing role
It would be desirable if you also have
1. A qualification in care or learning support
2. Knowledge of SEN learners
3. Experience of learners accessing work experience
4. A first Aid qualification
We’re on a mission to be an outstanding education provider. As an Ofsted ‘good’ college and accredited with Silver Investors in People, we are already well on our way to being a great place to study and work. To help take this ambition one step further, we need a talented mix of teaching and non-teaching staff to join our team. In return, we offer;
- Free on-site parking
- 25 days holiday (pro rata)
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
- Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
- Access to Westfield Health wellbeing resources
- Access to Employee Assistance Scheme
- On-site gym membership (annual fee of £20)
- Access to discounted hair & beauty treatments at the Newbury College salon on campus
- Access to range of good value food and drink at The Street café
- Friendly and flexible working environment
- Discounted childcare at on site nursery for Newbury College staff (operated by a third party provider)
We reserve the right to close this vacancy before the set closing date if we receive a good level of applicants. To avoid disappointment, we would advise that you complete your application in full, rather than saving and returning to complete at a later date.