Newbury College is looking for an administrator for our Adult Community Learning department. You will be working with the Head of Department and Programme Leader for this area to support community learning programmes such as courses for adults with learning difficulties, adult qualifications and leisure courses. You will also provide support for front of house services, in collaboration with Student Services.
For this role, you must have:
• Level 2 English and Maths
• Experience in an Administrator or Customer Service role.
• Experience using databases or data entry position.
• Good IT skills; competent using Microsoft Office package, especially Word and Excel.
• Good communication skills.
It would be great if you also have:
• Experience of working in the Education sector
• Level 3 or 4 qualifications in Business Administration qualification.
• Experience/ knowledge of FE and adult learning – especially community learning provision.
We’re on a mission to be an outstanding education provider. As an Ofsted ‘good’ college and accredited with Silver Investors in People, we are already well on our way to being a great place to study and work. To help take this ambition one step further, we need a talented mix of teaching and non-teaching staff to join our team.
If you are interested in joining us on the journey to outstanding, then please take a look at the Job Description for further details of the day to day duties. If you have any questions then please feel free to contact a member of Newbury College's HR Department for further information.
* Free on site parking
* 22 days holiday (pro rata)
* Local Government Pension Scheme (currently 5.8% employee contribution, 26.9% employer contribution)
* Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
* Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
* Access to Westfield Health wellbeing resources
* Access to Employee Assistance Scheme
* On-site gym membership (annual fee of £20)
* Access to discounted hair & beauty treatments at the Newbury College salon on campus
* Access to a range of good value food and drink at The Street café
* Friendly and flexible working environment
* Discounted childcare at on site nursery for Newbury College staff (operated by a third party provider)
Our college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy before the set closing date if we receive a good level of applicants. To avoid disappointment, we would advise that you complete your application in full, rather than saving and returning to complete at a later date.