Motor Vehicle Lecturer
Part-time (30 hours per week, 52 weeks per year)
Salary £26,542 pro rata (£32,736 FTE)
Newbury College are looking for an outstanding lecturer to teach our Motor Vehicle courses. The Motor Vehicle department at Newbury College works with the City & Guilds awarding body. The College offers a range of courses suitable for school leavers, students looking for progression opportunities and mature students who have a desire to work within the various disciplines of the motor trade.
You will be responsible for curriculum planning, teaching and supporting students through their apprenticeships and full-time courses. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a passion in the subject area of Motor Vehicle and experience teaching and supporting learners in this area.
The ideal candidate will have;
• Level 2 qualification in Maths and English
• PGCE or equivalent
• A degree or qualification in a related vocational area
• Experience of current vocational practises within the Motor Vehicle Sector
It would be beneficial if you also have;
• IV qualification
• L3 qualification in English and Maths
• Assessor Qualification
• Leadership skills
We’re on a mission to be an outstanding education provider. As an Ofsted ‘good’ college and accredited with Silver Investors in People, we are already well on our way to being a great place to study and work. To help take this ambition one step further, we need a talented mix of teaching and non-teaching staff to join our team.
If you are interested in joining us on the journey to outstanding, then please take a look at the Job Description for further details of the day to day duties. If you have any questions then please feel free to contact a member of Newbury College's HR Department for further information.
* Free on site parking
* 40 days holiday (pro rata)
* Teachers Pension Scheme
* Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
* Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
* Access to Westfield Health wellbeing resources
* Access to Employee Assistance Scheme
* On-site gym membership (annual fee of £20)
* Access to discounted hair & beauty treatments at the Newbury College salon on campus
* Access to a range of good value food and drink at The Street café
* Friendly and flexible working environment
* Discounted childcare at on site nursery for Newbury College staff (operated by a third party provider)
We reserve the right to close this vacancy before the set closing date if we receive a good level of applicants. To avoid disappointment, we would advise that you complete your application in full, rather than saving and returning to complete at a later date.