Adult Community Learning Lecturer – Sewing
£21.97 per hour
4 hours per week, Wednesday and Thursday 7pm-9pm
Newbury College are recruiting for a lecturer to join our Adult Community Learning provision to teach our evening Sewing for Beginner and Advanced Sewing/Dress Making courses. The key requirements of the role are to teach, assess and co-ordinate the course.
This role is perfect for an individual who has:
• A passion for sewing and relevant experience in this subject area
• A keen interest in working with the people in the community
• Level 2 Qualification in English/ Maths or equivalent (e.g. GCSE)
It would also be desirable to have:
• PTTLS/ Teaching Qual
• Evidence of any relevant CPD
• Experience working in FE / adult education / training
Newbury College are happy to support someone through their teaching qualification (PTTLS) and therefore welcome applications from those with a passion for sewing and a desire to teach as well as applications from experienced tutors.
We’re on a mission to be an outstanding education provider. As an Ofsted ‘good’ college and accredited with Silver Investors in People, we are already well on our way to being a great place to study and work. To help take this ambition one step further, we need a talented mix of teaching and non-teaching staff to join our team.
If you are interested in joining us on the journey to outstanding, then please take a look at the Job Description for further details of the day to day duties. If you have any questions then please feel free to contact a member of Newbury College's HR Department for further information.
* Free on site parking
* Local Government Pension Scheme (currently 5.8% employee contribution, 26.9% employer contribution) OR Teachers Pension Scheme
* Access to Westfield Health wellbeing resources
* Access to Employee Assistance Scheme
* On-site gym membership (annual fee of £20)
* Access to discounted hair & beauty treatments at the Newbury College salon on campus
* Access to a range of good value food and drink at The Street café
* Friendly and flexible working environment
* Discounted childcare at on site nursery for Newbury College staff (operated by a third party provider)