Art & Design Lecturer & Course Leader
22.2 hours per week
£16,935 actual (£28,225 FTE)
Newbury College is looking to recruit an Art & Design Lecturer and Course Leader to join our curriculum team. You will be responsible for the effective organisation and delivery of our Art & Design courses, supporting students through their qualification.
You must have:
• Art & Design qualification at degree level
• Certificate in Education/PGCE or QTS through other valid qualification pathways or working towards
• Teaching experience
It would be beneficial if you also have:
• Mentoring/coaching qualification
• Assessor and Interval Verifier Qualifications
• Experience delivering and organising designated area programmes
• Experience working in FE/Adult Education
We’re on a mission to be an outstanding education provider. As an Ofsted ‘good’ college and accredited with Silver Investors in People, we are already well on our way to being a great place to study and work. To help take this ambition one step further, we need a talented mix of teaching and non-teaching staff to join our team.
If you are interested in joining us on the journey to outstanding, then please contact us to take a look at the full Job Description for further details of the day to day duties.
* 40 days holiday (pro rata) plus bank holidays
* Teachers Pension Scheme
* Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
* Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
* Access to Westfield Health wellbeing resources
* Access to Employee Assistance Scheme
* On-site gym membership (annual fee of £20)
* Discounted Community Learning courses
* Access to discounted hair & beauty treatments at the Newbury College salon on campus
* Access to a range of good value food and drink at The Street café
* Friendly and flexible working environment
* Discounted childcare at on site nursery for Newbury College staff (operated by a third party provider)
We reserve the right to close this vacancy before the set closing date if we receive a good level of applicants. To avoid disappointment, we would advise that you complete your application in full, rather than saving and returning to complete at a later date.
Our college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.
All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.