This is a newly created role and is in partnership with Berkshire Education Employer Partnership (BEEP) AND Adviza. This is a full time role, working 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year and is a fixed term contract until February 2023. This role will be solely funded by the European Social Fund.
Berkshire Education Employer Partnership (BEEP) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults; and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
We are looking for a Business Engagement Adviser to join our Employer Engagement team at Newbury College. The aim of this role is to assess the needs of educational and training providers to create crucial work placement opportunities and employer encounters including extended work experiences, supported internships, industrial placements and preparation for T Levels. The successful candidate will be required to assess the needs of employers and their appropriateness of these placements from those referred to the Employer Support Team by the Brokerage Service Team. You will be able to prepare employers for their work placements: not intensive support but preparation for all employers to achieve successful outcomes for the young people with their encounters with employers.
The successful applicant will have the following:
• Proven experience working with educational providers and employers
• Proven track record of effectively engaging educational providers and employers
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
• Excellent analytical skills and being able to describe new and complicated concepts in simple terms
• Good organisational skills, including ability to prioritise, meet targets, agreed deadlines and
• report outcomes effectively
• IT literate. proficient user of software packages including Microsoft Office
It would also be helpful if you have the following:
• Holds a level 4 professional qualification in a relevant discipline; e.g. Youth Work
• Experience of delivering services to vulnerable people from a variety of backgrounds
• Experience of promoting training and educational opportunities
• Excellent negotiation, and influencing skills, being able to gain commitment from individuals and organisations to plans and outcomes
* 25 days holiday (pro-rata)
* Free on-site parking
* Local Government Pension Scheme (currently 5.8% employee contribution, 26.9% employer contribution)
* Friendly and flexible working environment
* Discounted childcare at on-site nursery for Newbury College staff
* On-site staff gym, for annual fee of £20
We’re on a mission to be an outstanding education provider. As an Ofsted ‘good’ college and accredited with Silver Investors in People, we are already well on our way to being a great place to study and work. To help take this ambition one step further, we need a talented mix of teaching and non-teaching staff to join our team.
If you are interested in joining us on the journey to outstanding, then please take a look at the Job Description for further details of the day to day duties. If you have any questions, then please feel free to contact a member of Newbury College's HR Department for further information.
Our college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy before the set closing date if we receive a good level of applicants. To avoid disappointment, we would advise that you complete your application in full, rather than saving and returning to complete at a later date.
Our college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.
All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.