Business Engagement Advisor
15 hours per week
52 weeks per year
The actual salary is £9,516 (£23,473 FTE)
The Business Engagement Advisor is part of dedicated college team and is in partnership with Berkshire Education Employer Partnership (BEEP) and Adviza. This is a part time role, working 15 hours per week, 52 weeks per year and is a fixed term contract until December 2023. This role will be solely funded by the European Social Fund.
Berkshire Education Employer Partnership (BEEP) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults; and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
We are looking to appoint a Business Engagement Advisor to join our Employer Engagement and, in conjunction with our existing Business Engagement Advisor, to provide an all-week service to students and employers. The aim of the role is to supply administration support to the BEEP project team and to assist employers and students with some of the compliance tasks associated with the project. This involves data input with standard office platforms, good communicational skills to young people and employers and a keen sense of organisation and attention to detail.
The successful applicant will have the following:
• Proven experience working with employers and/or educational providers
• Proven track record of effectively engaging employers and educational providers
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
• Good analytical skills and being able to describe new and complicated concepts in simple terms
• Excellent organisational skills, including ability to prioritise, meet targets, agreed deadlines and report outcomes effectively
• IT literate. proficient user of software packages including Microsoft Office
It would also be helpful if you have the following:
• Holds a level 3/4 professional qualification in a relevant discipline; e.g. Youth Work
• Proven experience of delivering services to vulnerable people from a variety of backgrounds
• Experience of setting up an Employer Support Network or similar group
• Experience of promoting training and educational opportunities
• Good at building effective relationships with young people from all backgrounds
• Excellent negotiation, and influencing skills, being able to gain commitment from individuals and organisations to plans and outcomes
* Free on-site parking
* 25 days holiday included in annual salary
* Local Government Pension Scheme (currently 5.8% employee contribution, 26.9% employer contribution)
* Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
* Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
* Access to Westfield Health wellbeing resources
* Access to Employee Assistance Scheme
* On-site gym membership (annual fee of £20)
* Discounted Community Learning courses
* Access to discounted hair & beauty treatments at the Newbury College salon on campus
* Access to a range of good value food and drink at The Street café
* Friendly and flexible working environment
* Discounted childcare at on site nursery for Newbury College staff (operated by a third party provider)
We reserve the right to close this vacancy before the set closing date if we receive a good level of applicants. To avoid disappointment, we would advise that you complete your application in full, rather than saving and returning to complete at a later date.
Our college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.
All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.