Hours 18.5 Per Week,
38 Weeks Per Year Term time only,
Salary £8403 (£21,383 FTE)
We are looking for a Technician to support the delivery of our Construction provision. You will be required to set out equipment in workshops, assist teaching staff as requested during demonstrations for the training of students, and support the preparation of practical teaching resources. The College has a track record of delivering exceptional quality provision across the Technology field, through Plumbing, Carpentry and Electrical.
If you have experience of construction maintenance and are looking for a part time role and the opportunity to work with and mentor students, we would like to hear from you.
The successful applicant will have;
- Level 2 English and Maths
- Experience of working in education with a variety of students.
- Experience of construction maintenance
- Free on-site parking
- 25 days holiday (pro rata)
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
- Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
- Access to Westfield Health wellbeing resources
- Access to Employee Assistance Scheme
- On-site gym membership (annual fee of £20)
- Access to discounted hair & beauty treatments at the Newbury College salon on campus
- Access to range of good value food and drink at The Street café
- Friendly and flexible working environment
- Discounted childcare at on site nursery for Newbury College staff (operated by a third party provider)
We’re on a mission to be an outstanding education provider. As an Ofsted ‘good’ college and accredited with Silver Investors in People, we are already well on our way to being a great place to study and work. To help take this ambition one step further, we need a talented mix of teaching and non-teaching staff to join our team.
If you are interested in joining us on the journey to outstanding, then please take a look at the Job Description for further details of the day to day duties. If you have any questions, then please feel free to contact a member of Newbury College's HR Department for further information.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy before the set closing date if we receive a good level of applicants. To avoid disappointment, we would advise that you complete your application in full, rather than saving and returning to complete at a later date.
Our college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.
All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.