Facilities Technician/ Caretaker
Hours 25 Per Week,
Temporary Contract – 6 Months
£11.00 Per Hour
We are looking for a hardworking and reliable Facilities Technician/Caretaker to support with the Essential general maintenance tasks within the College, Sports hall and Renewables Centre.
The role will also include supporting Carpentry lecturers to provide the right environment and a safe workplace for our students maintaining and cleaning equipment.
The successful applicant will have:
- Level 2 English and Maths
- Training/qualifications in facilities to a suitable level.
- Experience of general maintenance. Construction experience is a bonus.
- An understanding of Mechanical and electrical systems
- Can do attitude.
- Free on-site parking
- 25 days holiday (pro rata)
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
- Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
- Access to Westfield Health wellbeing resources
- Access to Employee Assistance Scheme
- On-site gym membership (Small annual fee)
- Access to discounted hair & beauty treatments at the Newbury College salon on campus.
- Access to range of good value food and drink at The Street café
- Friendly and flexible working environment
- Discounted childcare at on site nursery for Newbury College staff (operated by a third party provider)
We’re on a mission to be an outstanding education provider. As an Ofsted ‘good’ college and accredited with Silver Investors in People, we are already well on our way to being a great place to study and work. To help take this ambition one step further, we need a talented mix of teaching and non-teaching staff to join our team.
If you are interested in joining us on the journey to outstanding, then please take a look at the Job Description for further details of the day to day duties. If you have any questions, then please feel free to contact a member of Newbury College's HR Department for further information.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy before the set closing date if we receive a good level of applicants. To avoid disappointment, we would advise that you complete your application in full, rather than saving and returning to complete at a later date.
Our college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.
All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.