Health & Social Care Course Leader and Lecturer
18.5 hours per week,
52 Weeks Per Year
£16,007 - £17,192 Actual (£32,015 - £34,385 FTE)
Newbury College is looking to recruit a Health & Social Care Lecturer to join our curriculum team. You will be responsible for the effective organisation and delivery of Level 2, 3, 4 and 5 Health & Social Care and keeping abreast of new and current developments in the area of Health & Social Care and to implement new initiatives as appropriate.
You must have:
• Level 4 Health and Social Care
• L3 Education & Training Award
• Assessor and Interval Verifier Qualifications
• L2 English and Maths
• 2 years teaching experience
It would be beneficial if you also have:
• Mentoring/coaching qualification
• Experience delivering and organising designated area programmes
• Experience working in FE/Adult Education
• Experience of the teaching framework
We’re on a mission to be an outstanding education provider. As an Ofsted ‘good’ college and accredited with Silver Investors in People, we are already well on our way to being a great place to study and work. To help take this ambition one step further, we need a talented mix of teaching and non-teaching staff to join our team.
If you are interested in joining us on the journey to outstanding, then please contact us to take a look at the full Job Description for further details of the day-to-day duties.
* Teachers Pension Scheme
* Access to Westfield Health wellbeing resources
* Access to Employee Assistance Scheme
* On-site gym membership (annual fee of £20)
* Discounted Community Learning courses
* Access to discounted hair & beauty treatments at the Newbury College salon on campus
* Access to a range of good value food and drink at The Street café
* Friendly and flexible working environment
* Discounted childcare at on site nursery for Newbury College staff (operated by a third-party provider)
We reserve the right to close this vacancy before the set closing date if we receive a good level of applicants. To avoid disappointment, we would advise that you complete your application in full, rather than saving and returning to complete at a later date.
Our college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.
All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.