Higher Education Course Leader Electrical/ Electronic Engineering
University Centre Newbury
Rate of pay: £33,063.48- £35,336.26 FTE
37 Hours per week
This is an exciting time to join a growing and innovative higher education team.
With excellent success rates for our higher education programmes, the University Centre Newbury (UCN) at Newbury College has established itself as a high-quality provider of higher education services.
We are offering an exciting opportunity for a Course Leader for Electrical and Electronic Engineering to join our UCN team.
The successful candidate will lead, manage and deliver our Higher National Electrical/Electronic Engineering programmes. You will be proactive in the day-to-day management, quality processes and long-term development of the curriculum, as well as ensure the effective organisation and delivery of modules to the requirements of the awarding institution. The programmes sit inside the UCN’s highly successful engineering degree apprenticeship provision, so the successful candidate will have strong organisational and collaborative skills.
The ideal candidate will hold a recognised level 6 degree in related subject, Certificate in Education/PGCE or QTS through other valid qualification pathways or working towards. Previous teaching / training experience is essential.
Our mission is to be a centre of excellence for learning, business and vocational skills and we aim to achieve this by recruiting and developing high quality candidates who share our values of quality, passion and a respect for learning.
The College currently employs over 250 highly motivated and talented staff. We provide a diverse portfolio of education and training courses to over 5,000 full and part time students per year.
- Degree or level 6 in related subject
- Certificate in education/PGCE or QTS through other valid qualification pathways or working towards.
- Delivering and organising designated area programmes
- 2 years teaching experience
- Experience of working in an educational setting
- Proficient use of Multisim, LabView, ELVIS III and development boards
- Proficient use of electrical/ electronic simulation software and hardware
- Strong administrative skills
- Ability to liaise with students, staff, employers and other agencies
- Inspiring presentation/teaching skills
- Postgraduate or level 7 in related subject
- Mentoring/coaching qualification
- Significant industry experience in related subject
We’re on a mission to be an outstanding education provider. As an Ofsted ‘good’ college and accredited with Silver Investors in People, we are already well on our way to being a great place to study and work. To help take this ambition one step further, we need a talented mix of teaching and non-teaching staff to join our team.
If you are interested in joining us on the journey to outstanding, then please take a look at the Job Description for further details of the day to day duties. If you have any questions then please feel free to contact a member of Newbury College's HR Department for further information.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy before the set closing date if we receive a good level of applicants. To avoid disappointment, we would advise that you complete your application in full, rather than saving and returning to complete at a later date.
* Free on site parking
* Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
* Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
* Access to Westfield Health wellbeing resources
* Access to Employee Assistance Scheme
* On-site gym membership (annual fee of £20)
* Discounted Community Learning courses
* Access to discounted hair & beauty treatments at the Newbury College salon on campus
* Access to a range of good value food and drink at The Street café
* Friendly and flexible working environment
* Discounted childcare at on site nursery for Newbury College staff (operated by a third party provider)
Our college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.
All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.