Higher Education Lecturer – Leadership & Management
University Centre Newbury
Fixed term contract from September 2022
Weeks per year: various
£32.93 per hour
University Centre Newbury (UCN) is bringing more higher education opportunities to West Berkshire. Funded by Newbury College with key investments from local business and other foundation partners, the UCN provides a solution for the community that sees an expansion of the current higher education provision, enabling more opportunities for aspiring individuals to remain in the area and study university-level qualifications alongside their chosen career.
We are offering an exciting opportunity for three Lecturers in Leadership and Management to teach L6 students on our BA (Hons) Management Course. The modules require someone with a background in HR management or Finance (qualified accountant) who has delivered HR or Financial Management modules at L6 or above previously
The successful applicant will have:
- A recognised level 6 degree in a related subject
- Certificate in Education/PGCE or QTS through other valid qualification pathways or working towards
- Previous teaching experience
It would be desirable if the successful applicant also has:
- A recognised level 7 degree in a related subject
- Significant industry experience
Our mission is to be a centre of excellence for learning, business and vocational skills and we aim to achieve this by recruiting and developing high quality candidates who share our values of quality, passion and a respect for learning.
The College currently employs over 250 highly motivated and talented staff. We provide a diverse portfolio of education and training courses to over 5,000 full and part time students per year.
- Free on-site parking
- Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
- Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
- Access to Westfield Health wellbeing resources
- Access to Employee Assistance Scheme
- On-site gym membership (annual fee of £20)
- Discounted Community Learning courses
- Access to discounted hair & beauty treatments at the Newbury College salon on campus
- Access to a range of good value food and drink at The Street café
- Friendly and flexible working environment
- Discounted childcare at on site nursery for Newbury College staff (operated by a third party provider)
We reserve the right to close this vacancy before the set closing date if we receive a good level of applicants. To avoid disappointment, we would advise that you complete your application in full, rather than saving and returning to complete at a later date.
Our college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.
All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.