Higher Education Lecturer – Electrical/Electronic Engineering
University Centre Newbury
Fixed term contract from September 2022
1.5 hours per week on a Thursday
35 weeks per year
£30.21 per hour
This is an exciting time to join a growing and innovative higher education team. With excellent success rates for our higher education programmes, the University Centre Newbury (UCN) at Newbury College has established itself as a high-quality provider of higher education services.
We are offering an exciting opportunity for an Electrical/Electronic Engineering specialist with industry and classroom experience at Level 5 to join our UCN team.
You will deliver theory and a range of practical’s for Electronics, Instrumentation and Control at level 5. You must be proficient in using electrical and electronic simulation software to deliver techniques and applications of electrical and electronic engineering, as they apply to various branches of industry, such as component handling, controlling the speed or torque of a motor or responding to change of circumstances in a process.
The successful applicant will have;
- A Level 5 qualification in a related field
- L4 teaching qualification
- Significant industry experience in electrical/electronic engineering
- Knowledge of theory and range of practicals for electronic, instrumentation and control, including industrial systems and their techniques and applications of electrical and electronic engineering
- Proficient use of electrical/electronic simulation software and hardware
It would be desirable if the successful applicant also has:
- A Level 6 Degree in a related field
- A Certificate in Education/PGCE or QTS through other valid qualification pathways or working towards
- Experience delivering and organising designated area programmes
- Proficient use of Multisim and LabView, ELVIS III & development boards
Our mission is to be a centre of excellence for learning, business and vocational skills and we aim to achieve this by recruiting and developing high quality candidates who share our values of quality, passion and a respect for learning.
The College currently employs over 250 highly motivated and talented staff. We provide a diverse portfolio of education and training courses to over 5,000 full and part time students per year.
- Free on-site parking
- Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
- Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
- Access to Westfield Health wellbeing resources
- Access to Employee Assistance Scheme
- On-site gym membership (annual fee of £20)
- Discounted Community Learning courses
- Access to discounted hair & beauty treatments at the Newbury College salon on campus
- Access to a range of good value food and drink at The Street café
- Friendly and flexible working environment
- Discounted childcare at on-site nursery for Newbury College staff (operated by a third-party provider)
We reserve the right to close this vacancy before the set closing date if we receive a good level of applicants. To avoid disappointment, we would advise that you complete your application in full, rather than saving and returning to complete at a later date.
Our college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.
All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.