Motor Vehicle Lecturer
Part-time (30 hours per week, 52 weeks per year)
Salary £26,542 pro rata (£32,736 FTE)
Newbury College are looking for an outstanding lecturer to teach our Motor Vehicle courses. The Motor Vehicle department at Newbury College works with the City & Guilds awarding body. The College offers a range of courses suitable for school leavers, students looking for progression opportunities and mature students who have a desire to work within the various disciplines of the motor trade.
You will be responsible for curriculum planning, teaching and supporting students through their apprenticeships and full-time courses. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a passion in the subject area of Motor Vehicle and experience teaching and supporting learners in this area.
The ideal candidate will have;
• Level 2 qualification in Maths and English
• PGCE or equivalent
• A degree or qualification in a related vocational area
• Experience of current vocational practises within the Motor Vehicle Sector
It would be beneficial if you also have;
• IV qualification
• L3 qualification in English and Maths
• Assessor Qualification
• Leadership skills
We’re on a mission to be an outstanding education provider. As an Ofsted ‘good’ college and accredited with Silver Investors in People, we are already well on our way to being a great place to study and work. To help take this ambition one step further, we need a talented mix of teaching and non-teaching staff to join our team.
If you are interested in joining us on the journey to outstanding, then please take a look at the Job Description for further details of the day to day duties. If you have any questions then please feel free to contact a member of Newbury College's HR Department for further information.
* Free on site parking
* 40 days holiday (pro rata)
* Teachers Pension Scheme
* Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
* Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
* Access to Westfield Health wellbeing resources
* Access to Employee Assistance Scheme
* On-site gym membership (annual fee of £20)
* Access to discounted hair & beauty treatments at the Newbury College salon on campus
* Access to a range of good value food and drink at The Street café
* Friendly and flexible working environment
* Discounted childcare at on site nursery for Newbury College staff (operated by a third party provider)
We reserve the right to close this vacancy before the set closing date if we receive a good level of applicants. To avoid disappointment, we would advise that you complete your application in full, rather than saving and returning to complete at a later date.
Our college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.
All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.