18.5 hours per week
34 weeks per year
£9,576.31 actual (£24,365 full time equivalent)
Newbury College are looking to recruit a Restaurant Co-Ordinator to join our team. You will be responsible for marketing and promoting the service, taking bookings and providing an environment to allow students to work in a safe and professional environment where they can be trained and assessed to meet the awarding bodies standards.
The successful applicant will have;
• Level 2 English and Maths
• Level 2 Qualification in Hospitality or related subject or sufficient Industrial experience
• Experience of working in a range of restaurant environments and managing or supervising staff within a restaurant
• Experience of working with young people aged 16 – 19
It would be beneficial if you also have;
• A qualification in Customer Service
• A qualification in Food & Beverage/ front of house service
We’re on a mission to be an outstanding education provider. As an Ofsted ‘good’ college and accredited with Silver Investors in People, we are already well on our way to being a great place to study and work. To help take this ambition one step further, we need a talented mix of teaching and non-teaching staff to join our team.
If you are interested in joining us on the journey to outstanding, then please take a look at the Job Description for further details of the day to day duties. If you have any questions then please feel free to contact a member of Newbury College's HR Department for further information.
* Free on site parking
* 25 days holiday (pro rata’d for part time hours)
* Local Government Pension Scheme (currently 5.8% employee contribution, 26.9% employer contribution)
* Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
* Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
* Access to Westfield Health wellbeing resources
* Access to Employee Assistance Scheme
* On-site gym membership (annual fee of £20)
* Discounted Community Learning courses
* Access to discounted hair & beauty treatments at the Newbury College salon on campus
* Access to a range of good value food and drink at The Street café
* Friendly and flexible working environment
* Discounted childcare at on site nursery for Newbury College staff (operated by a third party provider)
We reserve the right to close this vacancy before the set closing date if we receive a good level of applicants. To avoid disappointment, we would advise that you complete your application in full, rather than saving and returning to complete at a later date.
Our college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.
All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.