Room Leaders- Support Assistant
• 32.5 Hours per Week, 38 Weeks per Year, £14,065 Actual (£19,293 FTE)
• 19.5 Hours per Week, 38 Weeks per Year, £8,439 Actual (£19,293 FTE)
We are currently recruiting for Room Leaders to join our foundation learning department. This is a fundamental role within our Foundation Learning department, that provides bespoke learning opportunities for students with both physical and learning disabilities within Newbury College.
The role will require the successful candidate to work with learners accessing the foundation learning courses. You will assist the Tutors with the day-to-day delivery of the timetable in a supervision capacity and support the Senior Support Assistant in the delivery of student support.
You will have the following:
- A minimum of level 2 (GCSE) English and Maths or equivalent
- Experience of working with individuals who have additional needs in a personal or professional setting
- Experience of teamworking
- Good communication skills
It would be desirable if you also:
- Hold a qualification related to Health and Social Care
- Have experience of working within Education
- Knowledge of PROACT SCIPR UK Training
We’re on a mission to be an outstanding education provider. As an Ofsted ‘good’ college and accredited with Silver Investors in People, we are already well on our way to be a great place to study and work. To help take this ambition one step further, we need a talented mix of teaching and non-teaching staff to join our team.
In return, we offer:
- Free on-site parking
- 25 days holiday included in annual salary (Pro-rata to contracted hours)
- Local Government Pension Scheme 5.5% employee contribution vs 26.9% employer contribution
- Friendly and flexible working environment
- Discounted childcare at on-site nursery for Newbury College staff
- Access to our new Newbury College Gym for a small annual subscription fee of £20
Please note that as an education provider we follow Safer Recruitment guidelines. This means that we are only able to consider candidates who have completed a full application form.
We would advise that you complete the application form in its entirety including a cover letter, as this information is used during our shortlisting stage
Our college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.
All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.