We are currently looking for Curriculum Support Assistants to provide 1-2-1 support for our young learners from January 2021. This is a fundamental role within our Foundation Learning department, that provides bespoke learning opportunities for students with both physical and learning disabilities within Newbury College.
You will be required to work from 8:50am – 3:10pm on a term-time only basis. Please note, the salary advertised is based on an hourly rate of £9 per hour, working 30 hours per week, over 38 working weeks. We are happy to consider fewer working days, on a job share basis for those who are unable to work 5 days per week, and have a number of 18 hour vacancies working Monday-Wednesday or Wednesday-Friday.
You will have the following;
- A minimum of level 2 (GCSE) English and Maths or equivalent
- Experience of working with individuals who have additional needs
It would be desirable if you also;
- Hold a qualification related to Health and Social Care
- Have experience of working within Education
We’re on a mission to be an outstanding education provider. As an Ofsted ‘good’ college and accredited with Silver Investors in People, we are already well on our way to being a great place to study and work. To help take this ambition one step further, we need a talented mix of teaching and non-teaching staff to join our team.
In return, we offer;
- Free on-site parking
- 22 days holiday
- Local Government Pension Scheme 5.5% employee contribution vs 26.9% employer contribution
- Friendly and flexible working environment
- Discounted childcare at on-site nursery for Newbury College staff
- Access to our new Newbury College Gym for a small annual subscription fee of £20
Please note, that as an education provider we follow Safer Recruitment guidelines. This means that we are only able to consider candidates who have completed a full application form.
We would advise that you complete the application form in it's entirety including a cover letter, as this information is used during our shortlisting stage.
Our college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.
All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.