Salary: £26,508 - £37,833 pa pro rata
Hours: Various positions available
Contract Details: Permanent
Start Date: 16th August 2021
New College Swindon has gone through an exciting time of change since we merged with Swindon College to become one College. Also, with the up-and-coming development of the successful 20M bid of the Institute of Technology, opening in September 2021, which will be an inclusive centre for technical qualifications, higher apprenticeships and training for key technical roles, it’s a really great time to be joining us. These exciting changes will extend the career opportunities for both our students and staff.
About the role:
We are looking for a passionate individuals to deliver on the FE 16-19 Digital Curriculum. You must be able to plan, teach and assess on A-Level Computer Science and Pearson Computing qualifications from levels 1, 2 & 3. You will demonstrate a thorough understanding of programming using a variety of languages including Visual Basic, Python and web languages. You will inspire the next generation of the digital workforce by combining both your academic knowledge and understanding of the subject.
What we can offer you:
When you join us, you will have access to ongoing support, training and development opportunities to further enhance your experience and skill set through our extensive CPD programme. You will have access to facilities and resources across the two campuses along with an extended support network of colleagues from a wide range of disciplines and industry backgrounds.
We know that your role requires you to put a lot of time and effort into it and because of this; we believe you should be rewarded. As a valued member of our team, in addition to a wide range of development opportunities, you will have access to a number of great benefits some of are listed below:
• Sodexo Retail Discount Scheme
• Excellent Pension scheme
• Generous Holiday Allowance
• Hire purchase Cycle to Work scheme
• Free and confidential advice, information and counselling service
Therefore, if you are looking for exciting career opportunities and to work in an expanding, dynamic and successful College, who values their staff, you have come to the right place.
In this role, you will:
• Teach designated classes or individual students with regard to the requirements of the relevant teaching and learning programme.
• Develop materials/activities for Digital-related courses that will allow students to enhance and apply knowledge, and develop understanding.
• Keep registers and student records as may be required in the preparation of statistics for external and internal use.
Qualifications and experience required:
• A recent degree in Computing or related subjects and/or equivalent industry specific qualifications.
• Teaching qualification (DTLLS/PGCE/Cert Ed or Level 5 Diploma in Education & Training or equivalent). A record of relevant continuous professional development.
• English and Maths GCSE grade A-C / 9 – 4, or equivalent.
• Excellent digital skills including administrative packages (i.e. Office) and use of digital technologies to create outstanding learning experiences.
• Knowledge and understanding of Digital T-Levels, Esports, Computing and IT.
For further information, please refer to the job description.
How to apply:
For a full list of our current opportunities go to our Career Page and click apply! If you know of friends or family who would be interested in coming to work for us please feel free to share with them and if you need more information please contact our HR team. We look forward to hearing from you!
New College Swindon is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be sought on shortlisted candidates before interview and by agreement.
Please note an enhanced DBS will be required for this role.
On appointment, you will be placed at the salary point aligned to a number of factors, which include, but are not limited to, qualifications, previous relevant experience, current salary and market forces.
Please note that this vacancy may close before the published closing date if sufficient applications are received. If you are interested in this vacancy, please do apply as soon as possible.
Closing Date: 27th May 2021
Our very top priority is your wellbeing and that of our community. Please be assured that we are monitoring the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and continuing to follow the latest Government advice and to keep everyone as safe as possible.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation, further information will be provided if you are invited to an interview.
New College Swindon is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.