Part Time Lecturer - Computing
Salary: £19.28 - £23.15 per hour
Hours: 18 hours per week – please see advert for full times and days
Contract Details: Fixed Term until 18th June 2021
Start Date: 19th April 2021
New College Swindon has gone through an exciting time of change since we have merged with Swindon College to become one College. Also, with the up-and-coming development of the successful 20M bid of the Institute of Technology, opening in 2022, which will be an inclusive centre for technical qualifications, higher apprenticeships and training for key technical roles, it’s a really great time to be joining us. These exciting changes will extend the career opportunities for both our students and staff.
About the role:
We are looking for a Part Time Lecturer to support with some additional teaching within the department. We will also consider someone who is only interested in part of the hours as below, please specify this on your application form.
Monday 9-11 Level 2 ICT - Monday 11-1 Level 3 Computing - Tuesday 10-11 Level 1 IT - Tuesday 11-1 Level 3 Computing - Tuesday 2-5 Level 3 Computing - Wednesday 9-11 Level 1 IT - Wednesday 11-1 Level 3 Computing - Wednesday 2-4 Level 3 Computing and Friday 9-11 Level 2 ICT.
What we can offer you:
When you join us, you will have access to ongoing support, training and development opportunities to further enhance your experience and skill set through our extensive CPD programme. You will have access to facilities and resources across the two campuses along with an extended support network of colleagues from a wide range of disciplines and industry backgrounds.
We know that your role requires you to put a lot of time and effort into it and because of this; we believe you should be rewarded. As a valued member of our team, in addition to a wide range of development opportunities, you will have access to a number of great benefits some of are listed below:
• Sodexo Retail Discount Scheme
• Excellent Pension scheme
• Generous Holiday Allowance
• Hire purchase Cycle to Work scheme
• Free and confidential advice, information and counselling service
Therefore, if you are looking for exciting career opportunities and to work in an expanding, dynamic and successful College, who values their staff, you have come to the right place.
In this role, you will:
• Contribute to any planning and preparation of the scheme of work in your subject so that it meets College and Team standards.
• Prepare coherent and lively lesson plans with clear aims and objectives
• Prepare appropriate resources, working with technicians in a timely manner where appropriate, including Technology Enhanced Learning (TEL) materials on the college VLE aligned to current college strategy.
• Maintain registers, learner records and other data records as required for key performance indicators and statistics for internal and external use.
Qualifications and experience required:
• Subject related qualification at a minimum of Level 5 or subject related occupational competency.
• Appropriate teacher qualification or work towards achievement.
• Hold a minimum Level 2 qualification in English and Maths or prepared to gain.
• Level 2 ICT qualification or prepared to commit to undertaking within 18 months of commencement.
For further information, please refer to the job description.
How to apply:
For a full list of our current opportunities go to our Career Page and click apply! If you know of friends or family who would be interested in coming to work for us please feel free to share with them and if you need more information please contact our HR team. We look forward to hearing from you!
New College Swindon is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be sought on shortlisted candidates before interview and by agreement.
Please note an enhanced DBS will be required for this role.
On appointment, you will be placed at the salary point aligned to a number of factors, which include, but are not limited to, qualifications, previous relevant experience, current salary and market forces.
Please note that this vacancy may close before the published closing date if sufficient applications are received. If you are interested in this vacancy, please do apply as soon as possible.
Closing Date: 16th March 2021
Our very top priority is your wellbeing and that of our community. Please be assured that we are monitoring the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and continuing to follow the latest Government advice and to keep everyone as safe as possible.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation, further information will be provided on the measures that have been implemented at our campus if you are invited to an interview.
New College Swindon is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.