Student Experience Manager
Salary: £31,548 - £35,319 FTE
Hours: 37 hours per week
Contract Details: Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
New College Swindon has gone through an exciting time of change since we have merged with Swindon College to become one College. Also, with the up-and-coming development of the successful 20M bid of the Institute of Technology, opening in 2022, which will be an inclusive centre for technical qualifications, higher apprenticeships and training for key technical roles, it’s a really great time to be joining us. These exciting changes will extend the career opportunities for both our students and staff.
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity for an individual to work across our sites where you ensure the quality of the student experience during their time at college by facilitating the gathering of the student feedback. In this role you will facilitate exciting and original enrichment activities for the students on both sites and take leadership of this provision and ensure there is plenty of opportunities for the students and also take on board new activities requested by the students.
What we can offer you:
When you join us, you will have access to ongoing support, training and development opportunities to further enhance your experience and skill set through our extensive CPD programme. You will have access to facilities and resources across the two campuses along with an extended support network of colleagues from a wide range of disciplines and industry backgrounds.
We know that your role requires you to put a lot of time and effort into it and because of this; we believe you should be rewarded. As a valued member of our team, in addition to a wide range of development opportunities, you will have access to a number of great benefits some of are listed below:
Sodexo Retail Discount Scheme
Excellent Pension scheme
Generous Holiday Allowance
Hire purchase Cycle to Work scheme
Free and confidential advice, information and counselling service
Therefore, if you are looking for exciting career opportunities and to work in an expanding, dynamic and successful College, who values their staff, you have come to the right place.
In this role, you will:
- Take leadership of the Student Finance Team ensuring financial support is provided to students in line with all funding rules and regulations.
- Take leadership and development of the Student Council, supporting the Sabbatical President and ensuring student reps are other roles are elected and appropriate feedback is gathered, acted upon and the results are feedback to the student body.
- Support Curriculum Managers in ensuring the quality of the delivery of tutorial provision and completing regular audits on Pro-monitor and learning walks on classroom delivery.
- Deputise for the Director of Student Services and also act as a member of the Safeguarding Team.
Qualification and experience required:
- Hold or be working towards a level 3 qualification in management.
- A degree or other relevant and equivalent qualification.
- Minimum Level 2 qualification in English and mathematics or to be gained.
- Level 2 ICT qualification or equivalent or MOS unit or to be gained..
- It is desirable to hold a Youth work qualification.
- Previous experience of working in Further Education is essential.
- Knowledge of current developments and Safeguarding & Child Protection.
For further information, please refer to the job description.
How to apply:
For a full list of our current opportunities go to our Career Page and click apply! If you know of friends or family who would be interested in coming to work for us please feel free to share with them and if you need more information please contact our HR team. We look forward to hearing from you!
New College Swindon is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be sought on shortlisted candidates before interview and by agreement.
Please note an enhanced DBS will be required for this role.
On appointment, you will be placed at the salary point aligned to a number of factors, which include, but are not limited to, qualifications, previous relevant experience, current salary and market forces.
Please note that this vacancy may close before the published closing date if sufficient applications are received. If you are interested in this vacancy, please do apply as soon as possible.
Closing Date: 1st February 2021
Interview Date: TBC
Our very top priority is your wellbeing and that of our community. Please be assured that we are monitoring the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and continuing to follow the latest Government advice and to keep everyone as safe as possible.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation, further information will be provided if you are invited to an interview.
New College Swindon is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.