Trainer/Assessor – Housing Practice
Salary: 26,508 - £29,436 FTE
Actual Salary: £10,603 - £11,774 pa
Hours: 14.8 hours
Contract Details: Fixed Term for 2 years
Start Date: As soon as possible
New College Swindon has gone through an exciting time of change since we have merged with Swindon College to become one College. Also, with the up-and-coming development of the successful 20M bid of the Institute of Technology, opening in September 2021, which will be an inclusive centre for technical qualifications, higher apprenticeships and training for key technical roles, it’s a really great time to be joining us. These exciting changes will extend the career opportunities for both our students and staff.
About the role:
We have a fantastic opportunity for an individual join the team to undertake the training of and/or assessment of evidence from apprentices/employer responsive students in Business First. You will be able to deliver the mandatory CIH qualification Level 3 Certificate in Housing Practice.
In this role you will contribute towards recruitment and retention and where necessary take part in recruitment, interviewing and assessment of students/apprentices. Liaising with tutors and Apprenticeships Coordinators is also essential to ensure that the apprentice’s progress is on target as set out in the learner’s individual learning plan.
What we can offer you:
When you join us, you will have access to ongoing support, training and development opportunities to further enhance your experience and skill set through our extensive CPD programme. You will have access to facilities and resources across the two campuses along with an extended support network of colleagues from a wide range of disciplines and industry backgrounds.
We know that your role requires you to put a lot of time and effort into it and because of this; we believe you should be rewarded. As a valued member of our team, in addition to a wide range of development opportunities, you will have access to a number of great benefits some of are listed below:
• Sodexo Retail Discount Scheme
• Excellent Pension scheme
• Generous Holiday Allowance
• Hire purchase Cycle to Work scheme
• Free and confidential advice, information and counselling service
Therefore, if you are looking for exciting career opportunities and to work in an expanding, dynamic and successful College, who values their staff, you have come to the right place.
In this role, you will:
• Work with apprentices and their employers to ensure that all parties are aware of the requirements and complexities of the Business First Apprenticeship provision.
• Liaise with Apprenticeship Coordinators to monitor and report on attendance and non-attendance of apprentices.
• Regularly visit apprentices/students in the workplace to train/assess and review their progress and to help with any issues they may have.
• Have experience of delivering Level 3 CIH awarding Organisation qualifications.
Qualifications and experience required:
• Assessor Award or commitment to gain.
• Relevant NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent) occupational/professional qualification to deliver Housing Practice Level 3Experience of PR and liaising with the media.
• Level 2 English and Maths (or equivalent) or commitment to gaining within 24 months of appointment.
• Initial Teacher training qualification or commitment to gain.
• Recent and relevant vocational experience.
For further information, please refer to the job description.
How to apply:
For a full list of our current opportunities go to our Career Page and click apply! If you know of friends or family who would be interested in coming to work for us please feel free to share with them and if you need more information please contact our HR team. We look forward to hearing from you!
New College Swindon is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be sought on shortlisted candidates before interview and by agreement.
Please note an enhanced DBS will be required for this role.
On appointment, you will be placed at the salary point aligned to a number of factors, which include, but are not limited to, qualifications, previous relevant experience, current salary and market forces.
Please note that this vacancy may close before the published closing date if sufficient applications are received. If you are interested in this vacancy, please do apply as soon as possible.
Closing Date: 22nd May 2021
Our very top priority is your wellbeing and that of our community. Please be assured that we are monitoring the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and continuing to follow the latest Government advice and to keep everyone as safe as possible.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation, further information will be provided on the measures that have been implemented at our campus if you are invited to an interview.
New College Swindon is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.