Purpose of Job:
The post holder will be a member of the Finance Department. To department is a crucial part of the College, providing a full range of accounting, budgetary and financial management information service to staff, students, Trustees & governors across the Academy Trust. This post will be responsible for operating the Trust’s sales ledger, banking and income posting.
Financial Accounting Officer
• Provision of a professional Finance Department to all finance users (staff, students, governors & external contacts).
• Provision of accurate financial and management support to meet the needs of the business by deadlines agreed with Finance Director.
• Financial services are run in accordance with the Trust Finance policy & Finance Department procedures
• Raising sales ledger invoices in accordance with supporting documentation on a timely basis.
• Generating aged debtor reports ensuring credit control is performed to ensure all income is received, and reconciling debtor accounts on a regular basis.
• To process PDQ and other income transactions onto the Finance System.
• To count and process cash for collection for banking by G4S on a timely basis, and to record banking on the Trust’s Finance system.
• To complete the Trust’s annual Gift Aid application.
• To place internet orders for goods and services across the Trust not raised using the Trust’s purchase ordering system.
• To liaise with exams and Resources Teams and to process exam fee and other refunds (trips, bus passes) to students.
• Related administration e.g. filing, emailing;
• Supporting the College more widely e.g. assisting with student enrolment;
• Production of various year end schedules as required for year-end audit of accounts.
• Experience of working in an accounting environment (minimum 1 years).
• Able to work on own initiative and to tight deadlines.
• Computer literate with excellent Excel skills and in-depth knowledge of at least one accounting software package.
• Team player.
• Flexible in approach to tasks undertaken.
• Sympathetic to the aims of the College.
The College is set on a beautiful 25-acre site, where parking is free to all staff; free sports centre membership and discounted Central Studio tickets are also available. A staff room and lunch facility is offered with complimentary hot drinks.
Salary: The hourly rate for this role is based on Sixth Form Colleges Scale 3 which is currently £10.38 per hour. Holiday pay is paid additionally at 12.07%.
Working hours: You will be required to work approx 16 hours per week, normally during college term time only.
Holiday entitlement: Holiday pay is paid additionally at 12.07%.
and conditions: The successful candidate will have the choice of whether or not to join the
local Government Superannuation Scheme. (LGPS)
All College staff are required to apply for a DBS Disclosure.
Any offer of employment will be conditional upon a satisfactory Disclosure, satisfactory references and a six-month probationary period.
Staff are entitled to the benefits of the nationally agreed sickness and maternity leave schemes. The College operates a no smoking policy.
Queen Mary's College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.